Part 1: He Loves Me; He Loves Me Not

Chapter 1

He can't possibly like me. He's dating Julia... his, quote unquote, hot girlfriend. He has been dating her for about a year and a half now. I don't get it though... She likes Evan. Evan is Matt's best friend. I don't know him that well but I think he likes her too.

Anyways, Matt always would say the only reason why he likes her was because of her womanhood... but after he asked her out... his feelings grew bigger and more practical for her. They actually had a lot in common. Matt always calls me "Sis," but I can't fight against that because I was the one who started calling him "Bro."

Today is the first day of October. I'm meeting up with Lynn, my other best friend, and Matt at Starbucks. They're not very fond of each other, but they hang out for me.

I sat on a stool facing a window. I went on my phone to look at feed on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat. I felt a hand lay on my lower back. I spin around to find Matt.

"Matt!" I exclaim, his hand still on my back.

"Hey, Sis," we hug, "Is Lynnie here?"

"Not yet. You know her; she has to look great on the first day!"

"It's not just the first day...It's everyday!" We laugh obnoxiously; everyone in line looks at us. "The usual, sis?"

"Sure," I giggled. Matt clicks his teeth and points two finger guns.

I snicker and Matt walks to the line of at least 7 older people. I turn back towards the window and look out to the parking lot. I see my pepper white Convertible Mini Cooper. Next to it, I see Lynn's blue Jetta. I look closer and find Lynn sobbing with dark makeup dripping down her face. I jump out of my seat and look at Matt, who was talking to a tiny woman around her mid 60s. I smile and walk quickly out the door closest to me.

I knock on Lynn's driver's window. She looks startled and rolls down the window.

"Lynn! What happened?" I say; shocked.

"Bryce! He broke up with me!" She starts to sob more. Bryce was Lynn's boyfriend...now ex-boyfriend. They had been dating since 8th grade. They won best couple for two years in a row. Nobody would expect them to seperate.

"What? How? Why?" I ask without letting her answer between each question.

"It turns out that he had been meeting up with Gia for four months now!" She sobs more and blows her nose a little obnoxiously. "He said he felt like he disobeyed me and he doesn't deserve me. He said that he doesn't love her as much as he loves me, but he thought that hanging out with her would ruin us. I told him that I still loved him and nothing would come between us, but he kept shaking his head. Then, he said goodbye."

"So, that's how he said that you can't be together anymore? Goodbye?" I say.

"I guess," she shruggs her shoulders

"Come on. Let's go inside and get you cleaned up." I say. Lynn turns off her car, grabs her purse, and opens the door. I back up, and she wraps her arm around mine. We walked in and Matt stood there holding mine and his drink.

"Oh my god, Lynnie! What happened?" He says. I make a cut gesture with my hand in front of my neck. Lynn starts to cry more and runs to the bathroom. Matt and I walk closer to each other and turn toward the bathroom. "Sis," he said. "What happened?"

"Bryce broke up with her."

"Oh."

"Yeah." I clench my teeth and started to walk to the bathroom. I find Lynn fixing her makeup. "You ok?"

"Yeah"

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask.

She shakes her head no and walks out of the bathroom while I follow her. I walk to my seat and I see Matt making out with Julia. I grab my drink and followed Lynn into the line. I look over at Matt and Julia; still making out. I look at Lynn, who was also watching them. Then, she looks at me.

"Do you want to go?" She asks me. She knows that I'm starting to like him.

"Yeah. I'll meet you at school." I walk to the exit. I walk past Matt, still making out with Julia, and walked out the door.