Chapter 5

Matt pushed me away and looked deep into my eyes. "I love you too."

I smile. "Really?"

"Yeah, but not like a sister or friend. As my best friend."

"Oh." My smile starts to fade.

"As my lover." He does his crooked smile.

I look down and chuckle. He bends down and looks into my eyes again and pushes my chin up with his hand. "I don't know." I say as I look to the road; the wind blowing my hair in my face. I comb my fingers through my hair. "What if that ruins our relationship? We've been friends forever and if we become a couple, we might not be friends after."

"That's all I think about. How long would we stay like that? But the thing is, everytime I look at you, talk to you, think about you: I wanna kiss you and love you. I want you to be mine. I want to live the rest of my life with you: not as friends but my best friend... my girlfriend, or fiancee, then my wife. I want you to have my kids!" I start to snicker. He makes me smile. "Well, that sounds kind of wrong. But I do! And you're gorgeous and smart and funny and just... perfect. I love you, Cassandra Martin!"

"I love you too, Matthew Towers." He pushes me against my car and presses his lip against mine. I feel his warm lips and smell his spearmint breath. His nose bends onto my cheek. He held each hand in his own; fingers intertwined. Every few seconds, he would take a heavely breath and turn his head.

After a few minutes, we both pulled apart; still holding hands. our noses still pushed together and we both stared into each others eyes. We were both breating hard and we started to chuckle.

Then, Matt's phone started to ring. Matt took his phone out of my back pocket while turning and leaning on my car next to me. I tilted my head and we read the message on his phone.

Julia 🚫 : matty im so so so so sorry

come to my house

i think im ready baby

answer me pls

Matt looks at me, and I roll my eyes. Matt smiles and kisses me on the cheek. "Don't worry. She's nothing to me now." I smile.

"I think it's time for me to go home," I say as I hold his hand. He smiles and nods. We give each other a quick kiss and I walk to my door. Before I go inside, I look at Matt one more time and he waves. I smile and turn on my car. Maybe this will work out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Hey guys! Thanks for all the positive comments about my story! Also, I'm sorry about the short chapters. I will try to put in more effort! Also if you have any questions, all my contacts are in my bio. Thanks again! Hope you enjoy!!!