Chapter 3

I got to my locker and set the box below. I put in my combination: 32,18, 2. I turn around and look at Evan. "So." I say, awkwardly.

"So... you're really pretty," he started to do a crooked smile.

"Thanks," I say while I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Like gorgous. Maybe I can get your number?"

"Ok," he hands me his phone and I type my number and "Cassie 💁" as my contact name. I gave him back his phone. He looked at the contact, then back up and smiled.

"Wassup, Evan," I hear from a distance. I see Matt walking over to us. He wraps his arm over my shoulder, "Cassandra." He laughs at himself. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Um," I look over at Evan, then look up to Matt; his arm still on my shoulder.

"Cassie and I officially met. You know, Matt talks about you... a lot." Evan says; looking at me the way he observed me earlier. I look at Matt and he looks down at me and smiles.

"Matty!" I hear Julia voice. Matt quickly takes his arm off my shoulder and steps away from me. I look down at my feet.

"Babe! What's up?" Matt says while hugging her.

"Help me with my locker," she kisses him on the cheek. She grabs Matt's hand and starts walking to her locker. Matt waves at me and mouths "sorry."

Sorry for what? For choosing his girlfriend over me? Hugging her in front of me? Taking his arm off my shoulders? So many options started to float around my head.

"Hey," Evan says. "What classes do you have?"

We turned out to only have 2 classes together.

I heard a ding and checked my phone. It was a text from Lynn.

Lynn💘: where r u? meet me in the bathroom in the elective hall

I look up at Evan. "You gotta go?" I clench my teeth. "It's cool... as long as you text me later." I tuck my hair behind my ear and bite my lip. I put the box in my locker and shut it.

"I will," I chuckle. He smiles. I start to walk and I look back at him and wave. He rubs the back of his neck and waves; still smiling.

*

I get to the bathroom. I find Lynn taking a mirror pic; hand scruching her hair up and doing the duck face. I start to snicker.

"Oh," she says. I clench my teeth. "Where have you been?"

"I was gonna organize my locker, but I started talking to Evan."

"Evan?" Lynn's eyes widened.

"Yeah..." I raise my eyebrow.

"Evan is like... a man slut." I start to snicker.

"Man slut? Oh my gosh."

"He dates everyone. One after another."

"Ok."

"You don't like him, do you?"

"No. Of course not. I like Matt."

"I mean if you like him, that's ok. I'd rather have you like Evan than Matt. Matt's taken. You should move on!" I look down at my feet. Lynn squats down and looks at me in my eyes. "You need to move on."

"I can't! I LOVE HIM!" I covered my mouth and my eyes started to water.

"You what?" Lynn's eyes started to widened again.

"Nothing."

"You have to tell him," she says as she crosses her arms." Then, you can see how he feels and if he doesn't love you back... MOVE ON!" She exclaims as she waves her hands.

"I don't know... I guess it's the right thing to do."

"Come on. We should go... Class is starting soon." Lynn starts to walk to the door.

"When would I tell him though?"

Lynn stops and turns around. "When you feel like it's the right time." She continues her way out of the bathroom. I stayed still. What should I do?