Chapter 8

I got home from school. Julia wasn't there. Cassie was ignoring me. Lynn was giving me dirty looks. Evan seemed pissed. The only person who would actually talk to me was Bryce... and Gia.
Bryce invited to me to go to Fright Dome tonight, but everyone from Coronado is going... including Cassie. I'm not sure if Cassie would want to see me... or at least talk to me. I don't want to ruin her fun. But Bryce keeps saying how it's such a big and crowded place that I wouldn't have to worry.
I hear Bryce's car honk outside. I grab my phone and jacket, and I run outside. I open the door and sit in the back seat of his pitch black Challenger.
*
We got to Fright Dome. Bryce parks pretty far from the entrance. He turns off his car and opens the door. He gets out and runs to the other side and opens the door for Gia. He's just that kind of guy. Haha. I open the back door and climb out. We walk to the entrance. Bryce and Gia hold hands while walking.
I start thinking more; as I normally do. Why has Cassie been ignoring me lately? I thought everything was going great.
"Matt."
I shake my head and look up to Bryce. "Yeah?"
"Cassie and Lynn are here." I look up and see them walking in the entrance; looking like they're already having a good time. They're followed by a bunch of guys that look like they go to that other high school. I forgot what it's called.
"Those guys are from Liberty," Gia says. Yeah that school. "Why would they be with them?"
I see one of them grab Lynn's ass. I look over at Bryce. He looks kind of jealous; pissed. Gia looks at him and his face completely changes. He kisses her on the cheek and we make our way inside. It's pretty dark. We decide to go to the Michael Myers maze. I get a text from Cassie.
Cassie😍: i saw you
I respond: Where r u?
Cassie😍: michael myers
Cassie😍: where are you?
Me: in michael myers
Cassie😍: oh
She doesn't say anything after that. Maybe she wanted to go in with me.
-----------------------------------------------
Cassie's POV
I really wanted to go in with Matt. Lynn was setting us up with guys from Liberty. We both knew them from middle school, but we never really talked. I actually thought they hated me. But, when we first met up with them, they seemed kind of into me. Which... I don't really understand why so many guys are into me. It honestly doesn't make sense to me. All through middle school... and even elementary, guys seemed to go more for Lynn.
Anyways, Lynn invited four guys from there. One of them was really into her: Ryan. He kept coming behind her and grabbing her butt. She didn't act like she wasn't enjoying it, but boy, was she enjoying it. There was also Jack, Mark, and Tyler.
We all went to Chipotle before coming to Fright Dome. They all offered to pay, but I'm always too generous, according to Lynn, and I offered to pay. Lynn sat down in a large booth, and Ryan sat real close next to her. I sat next to Lynn, and the rest of the boys fought to sit next to me. Jack ended up sitting next to me, and the other three sat in chairs across us. I ate a salad, Lynn ate a quesadilla, and everyone else ate burritos. Jack squeezed close to me, and I kept scooting closer to Lynn. Finally, Lynn had enough and started yelling at me. I scoot back; closer to Jack. He smiled and winked. He was quite attractive, but I like Matt; maybe even love. Lynn wasn't up for it though. She thought it was wrong and made me ignore him.
We finally finished and left for Fright Dome. Lynn sat in the front with Ryan driving his black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, while I sat in the back; in between Jack and Tyler, and Mark sat in the trunk. We got to Circus Circus. Lynn and Ryan jumped out of the car and walked in holding hands; Ryan grabbing her ass every once in a while. I walked in surrounded by Jack, Tyler, and Mark. We got inside. Ryan led Lynn to one of the haunted houses; leaving me with the others. We all sat at a table in some light. The boys kept asking me questions about myself. I kept trying to ask questions about them, but it seemed that the interview was all about me.
Soon, they started calling me hot and they all started grabbing me. I kept asking them to stop, but they wouldn't listen to me. Tyler wrapped his hand around my waist and I finally had enough. I slapped him on the cheek and ran away. I stopped in front of the Michael Myers maze and saw Matt in line. I texted him and told him that I saw him. He, then, walked into the maze. I gave up. I looked down at my phone and tried texting Lynn who never responded to me.
I feel a hand on my back. Thinking it was one of the boys, I grab their hand and groan. I turn around while rolling my eyes and find Matt. I gasp and hug him quickly. His two hands grab my head and he kisses me.
"I missed you."
I start to cry. "I've missed you too."
"Why are you crying?" He starts to chuckle and pushes my head to his chest and hugs me.
I push away. "These guys from Liberty... jerks."
"Where's Lynn?"
"Ran off with one of them. I've been trying to text her, but she hasn't responded yet. It's been almost an hour."
"Would you like to go in this maze with me?"
"Didn't you already go in?"
"No. I wanted to go in with you."
I hug him and he grabs my hand. He leads me to the line. We wait silently. Look at each other every once in a while and smile. Before we go in the maze, he looks at me one more time, and he kisses me. We walk in, and I wrap my arm around his. I rest my head behind his arm. Maybe I'll enjoy this.