Chapter 12

Lynn's POV

Cassie's been at home all day. I kept texting, but I never got a response.

I started getting ready for the party at Evan's house; everyone was invited... especially including Cassie. I understand why she doesn't want to go, but she needs to make Matt jealous; kind of displaying a "choose me" image. Tonight's the night when Matt will, publicly, choose his girl. Another 50% great but also 50% not great reason why she should come to this party.

She also has been depressed lately. She hasn't gone to big parties like this since the 4th of July barbecue... After she found out that her grandpa has lung cancer. 

She promised him that she would go to the hospital every day, and she would talk to him or play Chinese checkers with him for hours. Her family didn't tell her about his condition until this year because they knew she would break down. When they told her, she went crazy. She wouldn't eat, sleep; she would just sit in the corner of her room in her giant bean bag. Finally, she got out, and visited her grandpa... that's when she promised him that she would visit him every day.

But anyway, she has to get back on the party bus.

I got into a skin-tight, blue body con dress with black 4-inch heels. I put on smoky eyeshadow on each eye, tan blush, and sort of reddish, purplish lipstick. I used a curling wand and curled all of my blonde hair, and I wore a cat ears headband.

I got to the party. It was already packed. I walked in and the first people I saw were Bryce and Gia; making out. I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a soda and stood in the corner.

I, then, see Matt walk in. I was about to call him when I see him pull in a girl... Julia. I see him look back at her, walk towards her, wraps his hand around her waist, and kiss her. I gasp loudly and a group of guys stare at me. I flip them off and unlock my phone while walking upstairs to the bathroom. I start to call Cassie.

Cassie's POV

I get a call from Lynn.

"Hello?"

"Cass. You need to get to this party... fast."

"Why?

"Just get here." She pauses, but I don't hang up. "Dress... slutty."

I didn't really want to dress slutty. I hang up.

I run to the office and write on a blank paper "Take One" and stick it on the bowl on the bench in front of my house. I go upstairs, and put on a light pink skater dress and a leather jacket with a gray hoodie. I curl my hair and put in bunny ears headband. I go to my bathroom and put on smoky eyeshadow, black mascara, and pink lipstick. I run downstairs and put on my white converse. I don't like wearing heels. I grab my keys and unlock my car and I make my way to the party.

———————————————————————

Author's Note

I'm gonna try to write a lot more!