~17~

~Restaurant~

I check in with the front clerk and she walks me over to Hisoka's reserved table. As Hisoka spots me, he stands up and gets the chair for me.

Aww what a gentleman.

Me, being my petty self, I wrapped my arms around Hisoka's neck and give him a deep kiss to greet him. I can tell he's taken aback by the kiss.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart," Hisoka said gently

He wasn't acting his usual self. Had I done this any other day, he wouldn't had let me go from that kiss.

"You look handsome yourself Hisoka, I love this look on you," I said seductively, playing with his hand.

He was wearing tight, black slacks with a black collar shirt.

With his signature look of the tops buttons undone

With his signature look of the tops buttons undone. His red hair wasn't spiked up like he normally does it.

Just looking at him turns me on. Hearing his voice makes my mind run wild.

Hisoka broke the silence, "I can tell you're hurt by what happened yesterday. Will you listen to me explain what happened?"

"I'm all ears honey," I said in a sarcastic tone.

Hisoka knew I was fuming, "I debated telling you this, for your own safety, but it's unfair to you if I don't tell you the truth."

He instantly got my attention, knowing Hisoka, he's someone that doesn't care how someone feels, so for that attitude to change, I had to listen to this.

"A troupe member found out about our deal. Well, she's suspicious of us."

"Wait what?!"

"Of course, I lied to her, I told her you were just there for my pleasure." "She's been keeping an eye on me to make sure I didn't lie."

"So to keep that lie going and insuring your safety, I had to bring all of those girls home." "I know that every time I brought someone, you heard us, and I'm sorry"

"I don't care Hisoka" I lied.

"Yes you do."

"Well, you sure seemed to be enjoying yourself" I said sipping on on the wine to help me relax.

Hisoka cleared his throat, held my hands, and blushed as he said, "The reason I 'enjoyed' myself , as you say, was because I forced myself to think you while I was with them."

" I don't know why I feel this way towards you, but I do." "Training you and watching you grow as a woman has been a blessing for me."

As he said this, I felt tears form in my eyes.

"I know you might not believe what I'm telling you, but there were a few times, when I was with these women, I'd accidently call out your name, sparking an argument mid sex."

"I hoped you'd hear, but by then I could tell you were crying, so I know you probably didn't hear what the arguments were about."

"Why are you telling me this now?" I said curiously.

"I really appreciate you telling me and clearing up the air but why now?"

"Because, Y/N, I don't want you to hate me."

"And, because.... I.... I think I love you Y/N," Hisoka said looking at me with those beautiful golden eyes.