Chapter 4: Head of the Demon

"I can help," Batman spoke up again, stopping Jason in his tracks, "But I'll need to go talk to  Ra's or Talia Al Ghul first."

******************************************************

"Is it done?" a figure asked in low voice asked.

"Yes father," the second figure bowed, "It is done."

"Good," the figure responded, letting out a malicious yet humorless chuckle, "You are dismissed. He will be arriving anytime now."

By the time the first figure had finished giving the order, the second figure had already faded into the shadows.

******************************************************

Batman tried to blend in with the shadows, staying as still as he could and controlling his breathing. The figure emerged from the side, hands behind his back. He quickly glanced around the room, then dismissed his attendant.

"Well," the figure hummed, looking at where Batman was hidden as soon as the attendant left, "It took you long enough."

Batman stiffened, the stepped out of the shadows, seeing no point in staying hidden any longer.

"You were expecting me," the Dark Knight stated, receiving a cool look in return, "Then you know why I am here."

"Yes," the figure replied, "I do. However, the only one who can help him is himself. You of all people should know that you cannot fight his battles for him. And he would not want you to, either."

Batman growled under his breath. He was the reason this was happening, yet he has the audacity to try and give advice?!

"Just tell me what you want with him," Batman demanded.

The figure proudly raised his head, "It's not about what I want, it's about what the Pit thinks he needs."

"You better not be lying," Batman threatened, slipping back into the shadows, "Ra's Al Ghul."

(A/N: I know this was a bit short and randomly placed, but I just thought it would be necessary to the story. Please comment to tell me what you think, and let me know if you have any suggestions!)