Epilogue

I could have killed Frank but 1) I'm not that cruel 2) that's a lie I'm cruel but it would've made no sense at all lmao

So here you go

______

Frank's POV :

Darkness. Such a distasteful, cold feeling.

I had to struggle to get out of the pit I had fallen into. Confused noises reached my ears before I could open my eyes. Distant laughters.

The ground below me was ferm and slightly wet. Grass. Eventually, I managed to open my eyes.

My gaze met the stars and the wide, black sky above me. The air was cool but I was wearing a warm coat and a scarf, for some reason. I wasn't feeling cold at all.

I sat up and my vision blurred for a few seconds. My head hurt a little but it was bearable. I was in a small, open garden just before an alley. I looked at my right and saw a carved pumpkin smiling at me.

And then I understood. The laughs were kids' laughs. It was Halloween night.

I had just turned 17.

I was dumbfounded. What happened exactly? Aren't I supposed to be dead?

A kid went to me. He was cosplayed as the Devil but he had the face of an angel. He must have been 12 or something.

"Are you okay, Mister?" he asked innocently.

I looked at him, then around myself confusedly. "I... I don't know..." I frowned, befuddled like I had woken up on Mars.

The kid shoved his hand in the little bag he was carrying and gave me a fistful of sweets.

The action snapped me out of my puzzlement and I giggled. "Thank you!" I let out, so natually casual that I even surprised myself.

The boy smiled brightly at me and left. After eating what he had given me, I finally stood up. I had never been here before, had I?

I approached the closest house to ask where I was, and even to ask to stay the night. I had no money, and I had no idea of where to go.

I rang the bell and the front door opened. A smiling lady opened, a crystal bowl full of candy in her hands. She was dressed all in black but it was no costume. It gave me the feeling that she was mourning someone.

When her eyes met mine, her smile dropped. The bowl slipped from her hands and shattered on the floor, scattering glass shards and candy all over the floor.

"My baby !!" she exclamed.

She immediately pulled me in a tight, warm hug. "My Frankie baby !" she cried in my shoulder. H-how does she know my name?

I pulled back, startled and confused. "Excuse me but... Do I know you?"

My words made her incredibly sad. "Frankie... Frankie, it's me! It's Mom!"

"...M-Mom?" I looked at the woman in front of me, frowning deeply.

I hadn't touched her in nearly five years, and I hadn't thought about her for at least a couple.

It is terrible to confess, but I had forgotten her face. Actually, I had simply forgotten about her.

I looked closer and recognized her golden eyes. We shared the same. "Mom..."

Mom couldn't stop crying and called my father, who came. He looked twice as old as what I remembered.

I eyed him carefully. I might have forgotten his face, but not everything he and Mom had inflicted on me. Dad burst out in tears and both of my parents hugged me tightly.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐀 𝐏𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 ♛ (𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐝) 🎉