Path 1: Chapter 21: In a bad place

Hi, if you're still here! I know it's been a really long time but if you wanna read this dumb stuff I write, I'll write it!! Thank you so much for the support, and let me know if you're enjoying this!! <3

TW: suicide (kind of), degrading thoughts

Bad Ending

Y/n's POV

My dreams are dead. I can't think straight, I can't breathe normally, I can't do anything. Someone get me out of this hole I dug for my own grave. My shallow breathing quickens, until the pinging of my phone snaps me out of my trance.

"H-hello?"

"Y/n? Oh thank goodness you're alright! We've been looking everywhere for you! Didn't you think before- Y/n?"

I dropped my phone on the floor, splashing my already soaked skirt hem. The rain quickly worked its way into the crevices and I saw the screen flicker and die.

Sorry, Wendy. I can't take it right now.

Looking back, I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have thrown away my help, the people who were worried for me and wanted me safe. But I wasn't in my right mind. In that moment, all I wanted was to feel the concrete pavement and the water soak into my skin, maybe I should just die there too. I smiled sadly, thinking about the memories I had with the members, my members, and watching them hang in the air, before dispersing like smoke. I carried on walking, dragging my feet. Something was leaving me.

"Y/N!"

Before I had time to see who had said my name, I was taken aback by someone colliding with me, their arms wrapped round me in a tight embrace.

"I'm so glad you're okay!"

It was Yeri. As she let me go to look at me, I saw she had been crying.

"Why would you do something like this, I love you so much!"

At this, she began to sob again. Her last five words sunk into me, and tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't stop them from falling.

And so we cried, Yeri on my shoulder and me, silently. A few minutes passed, then I pushed her away and ran.

"Huh? Where are you going? Y/N!!"

I wiped my cheek on my sleeve, still running. I could hear her footsteps chasing after me, but I didn't turn back. She didn't understand. She was perfect, and I was not. And the message I'd received from Manager Kim told me that even more.

Eventually, her footsteps stopped. I'd tired her out, but I kept running.

"WE NEED YOU - I NEED YOU! HOW ARE WE GOING TO BE RED VELVET WITHOUT YOU?"

I hesitated, but only for a second. I was not Red Velvet anymore. So what, they would lose their worst member? 'the hole in red velvet' So what, the one who wasn't even meant to debut was leaving? 'red velvet was perfect without Y/n' So what, if I was gone?

"Stop."

I looked up. The one person I couldn't stand the sight of.

"You..." I began, then lashed out at her, but she caught my arms and smirked.

"There's no need for violence." Manager Kim said calmly, with a mocking hint in her voice.

I hit out again, this time she looked startled but stepped out of the way so I stumbled into the street.

"You were a failure the moment you stepped foot into the company. You were never going to be anything big, I couldn't let you hold back the group."

It hit me like a shockwave. I sank to the floor, body trembling once again.

"That's better. Stay out of their way."

~~~

Joy's POV

That was the last we'd heard of Y/n. The next day, our manager informed us of Y/n's departure, saying they'd left for the States with their family. I didn't believe her at first, but days turned into weeks of waking up to an empty bed across the room. It's like their ghost is there. Irene unnie says not to interfere with the company business, but I know she's cried at night, though she tries to hide it. Sometimes I think maybe Y/n wanted to leave, but I remember her laughing at Wendy's jokes or singing along with Seulgi in the car, and I know they loved us.

I hope they still do.