Chapter 9: Believe

Seulgi's POV

"Y/n?"

She was sat on the floor, and I could see tears welling up in her eyes. Not again, I thought. She looked away, trying to hide her face but I had already seen. After a moment of silence, I took a seat next to her.

"I'm sorry.  I thought no one was in here"

"It's okay."

"What's wrong?"

Another few seconds where all that could be heard was the shuffling of my feet on the floor.

"I'm just having a hard time." she said, and I knew what she was on about. I struggled to get the notes in our debut song, especially while dancing. Wendy seemed to be so much better than me, and it pushed me down. If we weren't such good friends and looked out for each other, I don't know if either of us would have debuted.

"Nothing will ever come easy. You just have to keep at it until you get it right." I told her.

"Easy for you to say. You're the lead vocalist!"

She really wasn't making my job easy.

"Look at me," I said, cupping her chin in my hands so she couldn't avoid my gaze. "I almost wasn't lead vocalist, or in the group at all. The only reason I'm here is because I dreamed of being an idol and I worked for it. Yes, there were times when I felt like giving up but I didn't. You've got something so many people can't say they have and you can't just throw it away!"

I stopped. I hadn't noticed that my eyes were starting to water too. I was about to leave when Y/n positively threw herself at me, hugging me so hard I thought I'd suffocate. Her tears seeped through my pink blouse onto my shoulder, and I found I couldn't hold back mine any longer. A whole hour seemed to pass where it was just us two turning our back on the world. We had just recovered and were neatening ourselves up when someone knocked on the door, not waiting for an answer before sliding it open.

"Oh you're in here I'll just..." Irene started, then shot us a confused look. "What are you doing?!" she laughed. "You're sitting on the floor when there's a bench there!"

"Oh!" said Y/n, as though she had only just seen the bench that was right next to her.

Y/n's POV

"We've got half an hour left so make sure to practise!" Irene called back.

I smiled at Seulgi. We had found common ground, and I wouldn't let her down. I had dedicated years of my life to training and finally debuting was a dream come true. I couldn't let all my efforts go to waste over one note.

"Go for it, Tiger!" Seulgi said, smoothing my hair back behind my ear.

Time Skip!

It was finally time to put all of our parts together and combine efforts. I was a little nervous to be honest, but a lot more confident than before. The harmonies made it bewitching, and I closed my eyes to listen to our voices entwine and melt like honey. Then I had a thought. I still hadn't told the members that I might not stay with them. I froze. My note was coming up. I was thinking at a million miles per hour and I missed the beat.

"Stop the music." the vocal coach said. "What is up with you? I want you to practice more. Ypu're letting the whole group down."

I couldn't take it. I ran out of the room.

Thank you for reading (if anyone is) and make sure you follow so you don't miss an update! I will try to update at least three times a week and make sure you leave suggestions on what I should write next!! xx