Chapter 13: Lights, Camera, Action

Y/n's POV

I washed my face and checked the mirror. All ready to go. Joy came into the bathroom, rubbing her eyes from her nap.

"Aren't you gonna take your makeup off?" she asked, stifling a yawn.

I smiled, thinking she was joking but she reached for the makeup remover and cotton pads for me. I stopped her hand and smoothed her hair for her.

"Do you need coffee?" I asked.

She nodded.

Time skip!

I looked out of the car window, the sky starting to dim. Hopefully we'd be shooting outside, the sunset would be perfect for this concept.

"Where are we going?" I asked the driver. He didn't reply.

Irene's POV

I saw Y/n's face pale a little when her question wasn't answered. It was a knock to her confidence, and she'd built it up so much lately. I changed the subject.

"So, how are we with the dance?" I asked, not really knowing what to say.

"Great, except there's one part that's a bit tricky." answered Seulgi, and Y/n nodded. The other members started chatting about the choreo but I wasn't in the mood so I daydreamed the time away. I was startled by Y/n saying "are we here?" and looked out of the window.

There was a big house with broken windows and a rotting wooden door. It was strangely enticing, but I wanted to get away from it at all costs at the same time.

Then I realised everyone else was looking out of a different window to me, so I turned and saw that down the hill was a huge hedge maze that seemed to go on forever. The filming team waved at us when they realised we were here and we all bowed to the driver before running as fast as we could down the little dirt path. People think girl groups always like to be pretty and neat, but they don't know the reality. We were squealing and laughing as the fresh evening breeze hit our faces and we ran faster and faster.

Joy was well ahead of us, stopping a couple times to make fun of us, Yeri pulling Wendy to try and get ahead, me probably pink in the face and Y/n trying to run without falling, which she failed at. Several times.

We got to the bottom, all of us gasping for air and laughing, making it worse.

"Okay, okay, you've had your fun." our manager oppa said, smiling. He really is like our mum.

"Time to get ready." And we went into a little cottage on the outskirts, which had been made up as a makeshift makeup and dressing area. We sat down while the makeup artists worked their magic on us. In no time, we had transformed into ourselves on the day of the photoshoot, and we felt more dark and mysterious too.

We were briefed about what the shoot would be about and what to do, then went out to film before it got dark. We all watched Y/n first, being the opening to the music video. She ran into the maze and disappeared around the left corner. We then had to stand in the middle, waiting for her to come. When she joined us, we had to fall, which I was dreading in my heels. It's not easy being shorter than the other members! *looks over at Wendy* (I'm sorry I had to 😂💕💕💕I love you Wendy) But we got the shot and it looked so cool! Then we all pretended to wake up (very convincingly, may I add) in different places in the maze. We then ran around, barely not finding each other, which drove me crazy when I re-watched it at home. Then we each had shots of us in the maze singing, when around the middle of the music video, the traps started appearing: snake-like vines for me, the floor falling in where Wendy stepped, Joy being chased by something invisible, unseeable walls and hologram hedge walls confusing Yeri, Seulgi's body being controlled like a puppet's and Y/n becoming so dizzy she kept crashing into the walls and falling over. At the very end, after all of us battled with what was confusing us, we all suddenly ended up at the entrance together, and all was silent.

Sorry this is so late! When I went on to finish it the thing didn't save, but it's here now! I thought it would be so cool if someone made this as a kpop music video so here's my idea. Any companies wanna buy? 😂💕 Have a good quarantine!

Umii <33