Chapter 7: Secretly

Wendy's POV

It was time! My favourite part of a new comeback! Hearing the music for the first time! It's always so exciting! I love the moment when we first get to record and hearing it afterwards, the strange notes we never heard before coming to life from our voices, that so many people will listen to one day. Velvet concepts are always deeper, with a meaning behind them. The message behind the song is often partially hidden, so Luvies like to come up with interesting meanings for them.

The next week

I was up early. I'm usually up a little before the other members but today I was so excited for the practice that I couldn't go back to sleep. Across from me, Seulgi was mouthing something in her sleep. I walked over. The covers had come off her leg, so I tucked the silky sheets around her, so she would stay warm. She didn't have to get up yet. I decided to go to the fruit market down the road to buy something for the day. I slid into my cosy slippers and padded softly down to the landing for my house keys. I was trying to be as quiet as I could but the handle on Y/n and Joy's room clicked open, and Y/n stepped out, rubbing her eyes.

Y/n's POV

I haven't been able to sleep. Maybe I slept a lot yesterday. I was sitting in bed, bored, when I heard someone on the landing. I opened the door and found Wendy turning round to face me.

"What are you doing up?" she asked, "it's five o clock in the morning!"

"I could ask you the same question," I replied. "Where are you going?"

"The fruit market. Now go back to bed. You're going to need your energy for today."

"Why don't you need yours? I want to come too!"

"I'm older than you. And anyway, I'm not tired."

I paused, but came with my aegyo attack when she wasn't expecting it.

"Wendy unnieee..." I pouted. "Please, pretty please can I come?"

"Y/n, stop it!" I had come up to her and looked up with big eyes. "You're too close!"

I wobbled my lip and looked down. I was about to give up when she whispered, "okay. Just don't wake the others."

I rushed back into my room to get changed.

Time Skip!

I linked arms with Wendy as we came up to the market. The fragrance of fresh fruit was everywhere, like a perfume. The colours of the produce were bright and almost painful to look at, but beautiful.

"What should we buy?" I said, gazing around at the rows and rows of stalls.

Half an hour later, we were on our way back. It was still early and not many people were around so we hadn't bothered to cover our faces. I had thought about bringing my mouth mask but I didn't want to keep Wendy unnie waiting too long. I noticed a schoolgirl walking towards SM Town building and wondered what she was doing there. Wendy said she had to go and pick something up from the training room so I followed her and tried not to look at the girl as we got closer. She soon noticed us, though.

"Are you Red Velvet? OMG yes you are! I'm a Luvie!" she squealed excitedly, jumping up and down. She was tall. A little taller than me and definitely taller than Wendy. (Sorry Wendy ily xx) Her grey and pink pleated skirt made her legs look even longer and she was pretty too.

"Hi! You're our fan?" I said hesitantly because I knew I was going to have to get used to it.

"Yes! I've loved you since your debut! Can I have a picture?"

She took out her phone and started to unlock it. I noticed a little logo in the corner of the case.

"Seoul Central High School? That was my school!" I exclaimed, smiling.

"It was? It's such a big place though. There are so many people!" She said.

It was funny, how I was her senior, without even knowing it.

"OMG I went to school with a member from Red Velvet!" She looked so happy.

After she took the photo, I waited outside for Wendy to get something (I don't know what it was but it took a little while). When she came back out we ran back to the dorm, racing each other and laughing, the exact opposite of what we could do in front of other people.

We got back just before Joy came downstairs, still in her pyjamas and yawning.

"Where were you, Y/n? I told you to wake me up early. And why is your hair such a mess?"

I glanced at Wendy and said, "I just got up too. Here, have some breakfast."

Stay tuned because the next chapters will be special interactions with the individual members of RV! What will you get up to with your bias?