Chapter 3: Bunny Ears

Y/n's POV

I'm not great with long journeys. They tend to make me nervous and clingy. I think Yeri noticed but thankfully she didn't say anything, just started taking selfies, glancing over every so often. I leaned against the window, shivering slightly. It wasn't far - only sixty miles? Okay that was far, very far. I could feel tears coming to my eyes. What if I disappointed them? It was my first fan sign event ever, and people would be taking pictures, especially seeing as I'm the new member, they would be curious. I pulled my rabbit plushie out of my handbag and let her sit underneath my warm coat. She felt comforting and safe. 

Fortunately the rest of the ride went without any major mishaps. We all practiced singing acapella, and I have to say it was pretty fun. Wendy's voice is so powerful, even when she sings quietly. I was so surprised how beautiful it sounded. Before I knew it, we were there. I tried to put my bunny back in my bag without being seen, but Irene stopped me and took her.

"It's so cute!" she exclaimed, causing the members to turn from what they were doing and stare at my bunny. "You should carry it outside!" she told me.

"Yes! Everyone will love it! Luvies will go crazy!" said Joy, thrusting the bunny back into my arms and positioning the ears lovingly.

"Are you sure?" I asked, worried.

"Absolutely!" she replied, moving its arm. "They'll have to agree how cute you are!"

So I followed Irene out of the car and into the warm sunshine. I soon realised it wasn't warm at all when a chilly breeze found its way down my neck. I was glad to make it past all of the people taking pictures and into the warm hall. I was sat on the far end of the long table, next to Seulgi.

"Don't worry, you'll do great!" she whispered.

"I'm not worried," I lied, feeling heat rush to my cheeks.

"Yes you are - I can tell."

"Okay fine," I whispered back, smiling. "But I'm excited too. Fighting! Let's do this!"

A group of people were being led in, holding bags. Two girls of about thirteen stopped in front of me, holding flower crowns, one in each colour of the members - and one in cream! One of them handed me the cream one and asked if I could give the other members theirs because they had to go. I was really touched when they asked me to sign their albums. I wrote 'To Clem, Find a flavor that fits your special day, Y/n xx' and 'To Shenai, Sometimes you gotta be bold! Rock your world! Y/n xx'. They left with smiles on their faces, and I knew today would be just fine.

When we got back to the house, everyone was in a good mood. We had Irene's seaweed soup in honour of Yeri's birthday. All members gave Yeri a gift (a hat from Irene, a cute purple necklace from Seulgi, a beach bag with the word 'explore' embroidered on the side from Wendy and a fox-themed hand cream set from Joy.) I took out a badly- wrapped package from my bag.

Irene's POV

Y/n brought out her gift for Yeri. It was a little messily wrapped, but I could tell she had put real thought into it. It was pale purple paper with little hearts hand-drawn on them, and it had a lilac ribbon securing it in place, though not quite. She shyly handed it over to Yeri, who looked so happy. Yeri pulled the ribbon loose and the paper fell apart, revealing a cute bunny ear hat with a bow that matched the ribbon. She thanked her and put it on immediately.

"Thank you so much everyone!" she said, taking out her phone. "Now, who wants to do a VLive?"