Chapter 6 [SWQ]

February 10, 2011 (5:40 pm)

Okay, so I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in a week. I've got way down on the "What's Hot List" because of it, but I've just got so much to do! This probably won't even get out until Friday or Saturday, so again I'm sorry. I feel awful because of it, too. Don't loose faith, though. Remember, the Lone She-Wolf books are now a trilogy. You still have to put up with me for another one of these books.... and plus I have four new story ideas that have been driving me crazy, but sorry, no spoilers.

[Pic of Colton]

____________________

Jace's P.O.V.

Dani smiled at me as I walked over to see her tying Payton to a post outside of his stall. When I got closer to her, she went up to me and kissed her softly. She pulled away and thanked me a million times before going over to groom Payton.

I watched her as she gently glided the brush over the stallions shining, back coat. She seemed so happy at this moment and it made me happy, too. How did I get lucky enough to get a girl like her?

There wasn't anything I wouldn't do for her. I'd die before losing her again. I can't even imagine living with the pain of loosing her eating at me forever. If Tokala didn't die, Dani would and I wouldn't. I couldn't. I'd be immortal forever. Not being able to end my suffering, and living with pain eating me forever.

Tokala had to die. He just had to. There was no way I could let her go again.

Last year, Tokala had said that he would let us kill him if he could have Dani for a night. I was so angry. What did he want with her anyway? My wolf growled with the possibilities. Although he couldn't hurt her, he could do some pretty inappropriate things.

My expression darkened and Dani noticed whether it was because she saw my face or felt that something was off. I'll go with the latter.

"Jace, what's wrong?" she asked me. I shook my head to clear it.

"Nothing, baby," I said. "You need help?"

She gave me a small smile as she put down the brush. "Do you know where the saddles and bridles are kept?"

I didn't, but I was going to let her think that I did. That way, she'd think I'm even more amazing. You see... I have this all figured out.

We walked to the end of the barn and the saddles and bridles were there. "Hell, yeah," I muttered under my breath.

She looked at me. "What was that?" she asked suspiciously.

"Nothing, baby," I said again. She shook it off and went over to the saddles.

She pointed to a light brown western one. "It's this one," she said.

I looked at her oddly. "How'd you know?"

"His name's on it," she said.

"Oh."

Pretty soon, both horses were tacked up and ready. Dani and I didn't need to wear helmets. One, because our werewolf abilities were quick and we were resilient. And two because we were immortal and couldn't get hurt or die. I looked over at May. "You aren't coming."

She shook her head. "Nope, Jacey Boy. I figure this is a special gift for you and Dani. Don't worry. If you get lost, Colton will show you the way back. He's a smart guy, so don't try anything funny."