Chapter 14 [SWQ]

April 9, 2011 (6:25 pm)

Okay, so I just finished chapter 15 and now I'm starting chapter 14.... is the weird? Yeah, it kind of sounds it, but it shouldn't be confusing to write. I mean chapter 15 was a whole different P.O.V. than this one... so yeah...

Okay, so I have a new favorite song. It is...

"What Hurts the Most" but by Rascal Flatts.... I don't like the girl version

If you haven't noticed by now... I love Rascal Flatts!

_________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

I didn't have my journal anymore. It, along with the rest of most of my things had been burned in the fire. All that managed to escape was my laptop, wristlet, and picture of my parents. The wristlet contained all of my essentials, too, so I was safe for that. I reached up and touched my neck. The necklace Jace gave me was still there as well.

The picture was in my hands. I looked at the smiling faces of my parents. Everyday I wish I told them. Everyday I wished things could be different, but today, I finally realized how close I came to being with them five years ago... the day I died.

There was a strong need for me to write in my journal again, but I didn't have it. Slowly, I got up from the bed I had been sitting on since Jace left. The room didn't have much, but I was able to find a piece of paper and a pen.

Letter

Dear Jace,

You were right. I should've told you everything. You deserved the truth. You deserve everything good that happens to you. That's why I'm going to try to survive this. Not for me. For you. Everything I've done, I meant it for you.

I know that I don't deserve any of this. When I try to convince myself that coming back was the right thing, I can believe it only because it saved you. Now, I'm going to make it so you're not stuck like this forever. I owe you at least that.

After this is over, and I hopefully make it out alive somehow, you won't ever have to see me again. I can promise you that you won't have to. I've hurt you enough. And I don't want to make you feel like you have to be with me just because you're my mate.

You don't have to be there with me or for me. I want your life to be what you always imagined it to be. I've been screwing that up. I'm so sorry. And if it was because of any other reason other than it was who I was born to be, then I would change it in a heartbeat.

But I can't. I don't belong in your world. I never have and should just be a normal person, but I'm not and I'm sorry for that. You deserve someone far better than me. Everyone knows it. The pack probably knows it, too. I mean, the only reason they could've accepted me was because I was your mate.

Even with that, they were my pack. I needed to protect them because it's what I'm supposed to do. It's my job. I thought you cared about me and whether or not I died, so I kept it from you. And it was the worst mistake of my life. I should've known that you'd find out eventually.