Chapter 20 [SWQ]

April 30, 2011 (10:15 pm)

Eating dinner right now... it's late, but I was at this party and the food was horrible. Even the cake sucked. Usually cake is good, but not that cake. So, I'm here eating dinner at like quarter past ten at night and then I will have my ice cream. I think I deserve it with sports and all the mental activities, I think that's sounds somewhat normal, I mean writing just so you know...

Okay, so remember what I said about accents and how I want one? Anyway, tomorrow, all day, I will speak with a southern accent. It will be fun, though people will probably look at me weird... if I don't know them, then they will think I'm normal, so it's okay.

20....

___________________

Dani's P.O.V.

We were almost home. It was my turn to drive. Richard was asleep in the back of the truck. Jace had fallen asleep as well. Like father like son, apparently. His head was resting in my lap. That was really adorable. I drove with my left arms as right hands aimlessly went through Jace's hair over and over again.

Everything seemed that it would work out from now on. I would be able to plan ahead and do the things I wanted to do now.

No, I couldn't go back to school and finish out my years there, but I'd be able to be with Jace and the pack. I'd be able to be there for Ryan's wedding and see the twins again. And who knows? Maybe one day Jace and I would get married and start a family of our own.

On second thought, I think I'll hold of on the kids. The thought of little Jace's and me's running around was kind of scary. And I was no where near ready to be a mother. Especially to human children.

Jace would be a great father, though. I looked down at his sleeping face and smiled softly. I moved my hand to stroke his cheek lightly. He'd be the best father any kid could have. He'd love them unconditionally, like I did him. How could I be so lucky to end up with a man as great as Jace? 

I'd popped in a Rascal Flatts CD before he'd fallen asleep. I sang softly with the music on the radio.

"I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting-"

I stopped for a moment when I felt Jace move. He took a deep breath and turned his head so he was looking up. I glanced down and smiled at him. "Have a nice nap?" I asked lightly.

He sat up and yawned. "Our other nap was better," he smirked. I rolled my heads and smacked him in the back of the head.

Jace scowled at me, but I ignored his, turning onto the exit to our town. "Wake up you're father," I said. "Tell him we're almost here."

When Jace shook his dad awake, Richard accidentally hit Jace square in the jaw. Richard gasped. "Oh, gosh, son," he said. "I'm sorry. I've told you time and time again not to wake me that way!" he scolded.I giggled and gently rubbed Jace's knee in a soothing tone.