Chapter 2 [SWQ]

January 26, 2011 (4:35 pm)

So, if you've read the little information blob thing under the title of the story over to the right (->), you will learn that this series is now a trilogy. How exciting. And yes, I already have chapter one done and am writing this one before hand. This way, I can work on my other stories a bit more. Anyway... did you like the first chapter? I mean what is going on between Jace and Dani?

.....And now (1/28/11) I feel bad because you are all hating on Jace.... I mean you have to look at it through his perspective. If you were away from your home for five years to track and kill werewolves in order to save the love of your life, wouldn't a few things slip your mind?

[Puic of Tokala {you'll know who it is soon enough...}]

___________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe her! She was acting like I was at fault here! Didn't she realize that I was doing this for her? We'd both agreed that we would put off most our... feelings until we were able to take down all of the rouges. We were close, so she should be happy! Right?

And now I was going to do just that. I was going to kill off a rouge to save both of our asses. Then we'd see if she'd care. If she didn't then I guess she just wasn't the girl I'd thought she was. It seems that Dani was different than when I'd first met her. Ironic because we were immortal until next month, so we really didn't change.

Sometimes, I just didn't get Dani anymore. We used to be so close and now we're just not. Maybe she's having her.... uh feminine time. I shuddered at the thought. Not something I'd really want to know anyway. I loved Dani, but well, some things were best kept to ourselves. Whatever, I needed to focus on that rouge.

Kuruka had called me earlier today and told me that the rouge was camping out just a mile south of us or so. So, I walked out to the woods, removed my clothes, hid them, shifted, and took off. This was the second to last rouge. It shouldn't be too challenging. The last one will be though, considering we've fought it before.

The last rouge is sneaky like a fox and just as clever. He was a dark gray color with black eyes. We first found him by the east coast and have been chasing him ever since. His trail led us here, to another rouge. That's what he's been doing... leading us to the others. I think he figures it will get us tired and off his tail. But with Tokala, we really didn't have anyway of knowing.

Last year, we almost had him. We'd gotten so close, but he slipped away.

*~Flashback~*

Dani and I were at a diner having dinner one night when the door opened and a bell jingled. My back was to the door, so I didn't see him, but Dani did. She stiffened immediately, but the tried to calm herself. She quickly wrote on a napkin and handed it to me.

*Tokala is here. He's sitting at the bar.*

Tokala is what Dani calls the rouge. The name means "fox" and comes from the Dakota Native American tribe. Ever since Dani's met Kuruka and her family, she's taken a liking to Native American culture.

I nodded slightly and stood to go get more napkins, even though we need them. I saw him out of the corner of my eyes. He was in his late twenties probably. Blond hair and blue eyes. Faded jeans and a black leather jacket. He smirked at me and nodded towards, Dani. I growled.

He smiled and walked out of the diner. I went back to Dani and put some money on the table. It was more than enough to pay for our meal. "Hurry," I said and she did.