Chapter 41

Emily's POV

“I'm so excited,” I said, twirling my fingers into Luke's as we sat on the sofa before the final show.

“I don't want it to end,” he said. “What's going to happen next? We won't have much time to see each other any more, will we?” I looked into his sad blue eyes.

“We'll work round it somehow,” I promised softly. “This is going to be so weird for me. Did you know me and Maddy were going to come to this show? We had our tickets and everything.”

“Wow,” he said, realising my thoughts. “Look how things have turned out.”

“I could have never even dreamt of this,” I said. “I mean, we used to just fangirl over you all the time, and we never even thought we'd get to meet you, let alone work with you. You guys have all been so amazing to us, we can never thank you enough.”

“You're so sweet,” he said, stroking my hair. “You guys have been so much fun to have on tour, I'm so glad we picked you.” I reached over and touched his nose lightly.

“You're so cute,” I laughed.

“Are you guys ready?” asked Ashton. “Flavia's going on soon, we should watch her last show before we go on.”

“You don't have to if you don't want...” she called over from another sofa where she was sitting with Calum's arm around her.

“Of course we want to,” he said. “You're amazing every single time, I could watch you every night...”

“So cheesy,” she said, kissing him. “But thanks.”

“Come on then,” I sighed, getting up and holding my hand out to Luke. He pulled a face, but took my hand and got up, groaning.

“Good luck,” I said, giving Flavia a massive hug. “You'll be amazing, you always are!”

“Thanks,” she smiled. “If I don't see you, good luck to you too, enjoy it, okay?” I nodded happily. We walked with Flavia to the edge of the stage where the crew wanted her to be ready to go on. We met up with the rest of the band and greeted them before stepping back a little to give everyone space.

We cheered extremely loudly for Flaves and the Raves; we always claimed to be their biggest fans. They were incredibly talented, and I always loved watching them perform, even when I knew every song inside out. She ran off stage to quickly wish us good luck before we went on.

“Amazing, darling!” I called. She smiled at me before going to give Calum one last hug.

“Our turn,” yelled Ashton as the crew motion us on stage.

“Let's do this!” said Michael, holding his hands in the air in excitement. We all came together in a group hug, wrapping our arms around each others' shoulders to wish everyone good luck. I almost felt tears coming to my eyes at the thought that this was the last time I would ever perform on stage with 5sos, something that had become a huge part of my life over the last few months. I had enjoyed it more each time I had done it, and I couldn't believe it would have to end.