Chapter 35

Calum's POV

“Woah,” I said as Luke finished his story. “I can't believe all of this was going on and I never realised.”

“I know, I wanted to tell you, but there was never really enough time,” he admitted. We were resting in the dressing room before the show, and everyone else had gone to get some food, so Luke had taken the opportunity to explain to me everything that had been happening with him, Emily and Michael during the tour.

“No, it's fine. Wow. So what are you going to do now?” I questioned.

“I have no idea,” he said, strumming on his guitar lightly. “I mean, Michael's still really mad at her... but I just feel kind of... sad.”

“How does she feel?”

“I think she just feels really guilty,” he said. “She looked really upset when I walked in on them. But they had just been kissing... I mean if she really liked me, she wouldn't have done it, right?”

“I don't know, man,” I said, shaking my head. “I thought you guys would have been really good together.”

“Yeah. Me too,” he said sadly.

“But if she can't see how amazing you are, then she's not right for you,” I pointed out. “You can't let someone string you along like that, if she's gonna cheat on you, she's not worth worrying about.”

“I don't think that was really her. We've known her for months now, and we never expected her to do anything like that.”

“I know what you mean... if I didn't know you well enough to know you wouldn't make up something like that, I wouldn't believe you,” I agreed. “Maybe you should talk to her.”

“I can't face it,” he said. “I can barely speak to her any more, it's awful. We used to be good friends. I can't trust her now, I really thought she liked me, but she obviously liked Michael better.”

“Maybe it was just a spur-of-the-moment thing. I'm not on her side, or anything, I'm just saying that maybe you should give her a chance.”

“I need to give it some time first,” he sighed. “I mean, imagine if this was Flavia and you.”

“Yeah. Seeing this happen kind of makes me want to do something about her,” I realised.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I need to ask her out, or kiss her or something. I need to show her that I like her, before she moves on to some other dude,” I sighed.

“I think she likes you,” he said encouragingly. “Next time you two are alone... do it.”