Chapter 15

Michael's POV

The next few days were spent travelling to Lisbon, where the first show of our European tour was. I picked a bunk at the far back of the bus, and luckily Luke picked one closest to the door, so we were as far apart from each other as possible. It was going to be really tough on the tour if we didn't get this sorted out, but I couldn't think of any solutions – both of us enjoyed being with Emily, and I think both of us would like to be more than friends with her, but we didn't know if she liked us, and neither of us were prepared to back down.

It was the first day on the bus, and most of us were already bored.

“We should watch a film,” Calum suggested.

“I think we should watch Frozen!” said Maddy. I groaned, but Emily cheered.

“I haven't watched Frozen for ages!” she said. Ashton always agreed with everything Maddy said, and Calum liked Frozen, so I was outvoted, and we sat down in the back lounge and prepared to watch.

“Has anybody seen Luke?” I asked. “He's the only one not here.”

“I saw him in our room earlier, I asked him if he wanted to come and play Fifa but he said he was busy. He seemed like he wanted to be left alone,” said Calum, shrugging.

“I'm going to warn you now, me and Maddy will have to sing along to every single song,” said Emily, throwing herself down on the sofa between me and Maddy.

“You're so mainstream...” I complained.

“Lighten up!” she said, poking me. “We should be a character each...”

“No, I refuse to be a character from Frozen,” I said, shaking my head violently.

“You're such a spoilsport!”

“I'm being Anna, who wants to duet Love is an Open Door with me?” offered Maddy. I looked at Ashton, who was already agreeing to be Hans.

“The thing is, Maddy will be Anna and do all of Anna's songs, then will suddenly decide to be Elsa when it's time for Let It Go...” said Emily. “She never shares out the parts!”

“That's not true!” complained Maddy. After a few minutes of arguing, we started the film, and as they had promised, Emily and Maddy did indeed sing along to all of the songs.

At the end of the film, we were all on our phones, when Luke suddenly walked in.

“Where have you been?” I said, not bothering to look up.