Chapter 11

Emily's POV

We rehearsed for a couple of hours that morning, and then Maddy and I had a “meeting” with Jojo. It was supposed to be about our clothes and style for the tour, but it ended up with us just getting to know each other, and having a gossip about everything that was happening.

“So,” said Jojo, sipping her latte and focusing on Maddy. “You and Ashton, hey?”

“Oh my gosh, he is so gorgeous!” said Maddy. “And his accent is just perfect! I've been wanting to let this out for ages, but I'm always around them, so I can never say anything...”

“I think you guys would make an amazing couple!” said Jojo. “What about you, Emily?”

“What do you mean?” I asked, biting into a shortbread biscuit we had bought with our coffees.

“You must have your eye on one of them, who would it be?”

“I'm not sure...” I think for a minute. I have been a Michael and Luke girl for ages, and there have been moments where I've thought that both of them might be the one for me.

“Michael's told me so much about you... He always sounds happy when he talks about you. I think he likes you...”

“No, he can't,” I said, shaking my head.

“Why not?” Jojo asked curiously. “I'm being serious, the only person who usually makes him this happy is Luke...”

“Him and Luke seem to be arguing at the moment,” I say thoughtfully. “I mean, the first few times we met them they just seemed happy, like they always look in videos and stuff, but now they keep saying weird cryptic things and glaring at each other.”

“Hmm, that's not like them,” said Jojo. “I've known all of them for a while, and they usually get along really well. I'll talk to Michael about it later. We're supposed to be doing your outfits, you've got me so distracted!” We giggled and got back to work.

Luke's POV

After about a week of rehearsals, I started to worry about Michael and I. We had always got along well, and had stuff to talk about, but sharing a room was almost starting to become awkward. We didn't joke around like we normally did, and whenever I even mentioned Emily I was worried that we would start to argue. I wasn't sure what to do about it, because I didn't want us to fall out, but I didn't want to let him win her over without even trying. I'll admit it, the Mario Karts thing annoyed me. I tried to be mature, and ignore the fact that they got along so well, but I couldn't, because the truth was, I wanted Emily to like me more than Michael. I knew it sounded stupid and selfish, but I wanted us to have a special bond like they did. I was desperately trying to think of things I could do to bring us closer together, but I sighed as I realised how childish all of this seemed. Still, I was going to do my best to make Emily like me, and I knew that Michael would as well.