Chapter 10

A/N

I'm so sorry this chapter is late compared to how often I normally update, I had forgotten that I was going out in the evening when I usually write so it wasn't finished and I was out most of today! Hope you like it :)

Emily's POV

Ashton asked us if we all wanted to go back to his and Calum's room to hang out. We all quickly agreed, and headed up to their room, which was next to Michael and Luke's, but on a different floor from Maddy's and mine.

“So... what shall we do?” asked Ashton, walking around the hotel room in search of some ideas.

“I think there's a Wii in here somewhere,” said Calum, peering into a slot underneath the TV. “Ah, there it is.”

“What games have you got?” asked Luke.

“Not many,” said Calum, and they looked through them together. “I think we should play Mario Karts.”

“We're not seven...” complained Michael.

“Come on, Mario Karts is fun,” I said, punching him lightly on the shoulder. “Let out your inner child...”

“Fine,” he grumbled. “But we can only play four at a time.”

“Me and Ashton can share, and swap every race,” offered Maddy.

“Yeah, me and Luke can as well,” put in Calum.

“Yay!” I said, throwing myself onto the bed next to Michael. Maddy and Ashton shared a sofa in the corner, Luke sat on the other side of me, and Calum sat on the floor between Luke's legs, taking the wheel so he could do the first race.

“I'm gonna warn you now, I am really good at this game,” I said as Ashton set up the game. “I always play with my brothers at home.” I selected Peach, Michael picked Bowser, Luke and Calum chose Yoshi and Maddy and Ashton went for Baby Mario. I soon learnt that Michael was very competitive, even though he had said that he didn't want to play. Luke and Calum tried hard, but were unlucky, and Maddy and Ashton tried to steer the wheel at the same time, causing them to often spin off the track and laugh hysterically. Soon we were near the end of the first race, and Michael and I were both fighting for first place. It was pretty close, but in the end he crossed the line a fraction of a second before me.

“Yes!” he said, raising his arms in the air in triumph. “I am the champion, kneel before me!”

“It's only the first race,” complained Luke. “We're gonna do better next time.”

“You played well, Clifford,” I teased. “But I'm coming for you next time.” Maddy and Ashton were still giggling at how they had managed to come last because of both of them trying to steer in different directions.