"𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐦" 𝑲𝒊𝒕𝒂 𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒌𝒆

It was a cold snowy night, the streets filled with lanterns and sparkly fairy lights. A warm sensation brushed through your cheeks when your boyfriend whispered something on your ear.

"I'm just gonna buy something, wait for me here 'kay?" He asked

You gave him a slight nod and continued on watching the people and the kids ice skating.

Soon you felt your legs numb because of the coldness, and decided to sit on a bench beside a lamp post.

You felt lost, and alone on a New year's eve. A few minutes passed Kita came back holding a paper bag with a ribbon on it, neatly styled.

He handed you the bag with a tender smile. It looked like he was about to cry, his nose getting red together with his ears.

"Babe- Are you okay? What's the matter?" You gave him a hug, accepting the bag he handed you.

"Nothing, it's just I'm happy I get to spend this year with you"

"Aww don't cry, I'm glad I met you this year too, it was a very memorable and fun year I had with you.

He let go of you and kissed your lips, it felt warm. He then fixed your scarf and covered half of your face with it, took both of your hand and started warming it by rubbing it together and blowing air from his mouth to it.

He held it softly, and started to kiss it. You just watched him take care of you, it was heart warming to see him act this way all the time.

"I love you Shinsuke"

"I love you too Y/N" He replied looking directly into your eyes.

"Let's go watch the fireworks now before we miss it!"

Taking your hand and dragging you to the seaside. He love watching fireworks explode in the nightsky, it was relaxing especially if you get to watch it with him.

Both of you stood there, he took a glance at his watch.

"It's 11:54 PM" He said

"Before this year ends I just wanna let you know how much fun I had, the memories we made together, the dates we had and all the love and affection you gave me. I'm thankful for it, I forever will be." You replied giving him a warm smile.

"This year was way better because I was with the love of my life, she made me happy. I loved all her flaws, I loved everything about her, I'm greatful I met her, she gives me strength when I'm on my weakest, she enlightens my heart when I'm on my darkest. I love her. She's you
Y/N"

He kissed you again but this time you felt something flowing down your cheeks. It felt cold this time. Your hands were freezing and your whole body was shivering.

Soon after the fireworks started lighting up the sky. You tend to open your eyes but he pulled your cheeks closer, not wanting to let go.

*Fireworks popping sounds at the background*

He soon let go and made his forehead touch yours, you could see both of your breaths due to the coldness, you looked up and saw him crying.

"Happy new year Y/N" He gave you a smile

"Happy new year too, but why are you crying?" You asked

"I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore, I had a lot of fun last year but I fell out of love, I'm sorry. I love you. That present, always use it especially that I'm not around anymore. Take care of yourself, I loved you."

Tears began to form in your eyes as he gave you his last hug, you stuffed you face onto the crook of this neck. You smelled his usual perfume, the warmness of his skin touching you. It felt like home.

He slowly walked away, crying his eyes out, the same goes to you.

"I love you Shinsuke, I will always do" You mumbled.

He stopped for a second to say something.

"Always keep yourself warm"

Then walked away leaving you there with the fireworks display.

Soon after you went home and opened the bag, inside was a gray scarf and a black cardigan. It reminded you of his hair which you like to touch because it felt warm.

"Thank you for always keeping me warm Shinsuke"