Epilogue

It takes a while to heal, for both of them. Maven still struggles with the darkness Elara put inside him.
Mare still has dark nightmares and the dark thoughts Elara put there.
But they're okay, because she's gone, and so are the Merandus'.
The King and Queen ordered their house to step down from court or suffer the same fate their patriarch did. Some of them chose it.
The Sentinels who were still sworn to Elara were also exiled or executed, next to some of House Merandus in the Bowl of Bones.
The Lakelands become Norta's most faithful ally, and Iris becomes Mare's closest friend.
Mare continues to visit her family every few months, and brings Maven.
Shade and Farley are soon parents to a girl; Clara.
Reds and Newbloods rise in Norta, peacefully, and after time, they are eventually equal to Silvers.
Years later, the queen reveals her true blood color to the court and the kingdom, though, they take the secret of what really happened to King Tiberias VI to their graves.
Maven and Mare take their time after the trauma of what had happened to their first child, and what Elara did to both of their minds, but after some healing, they decide to try again.
The twins are Silver Burners, like Maven. Their hair is as black as any Calore that came before. The son inherits Mare's chocolate eyes, and the daughter's are Maven's blue.
The son, being born three and a half minutes earlier than his sister, will rule after his parents step down from the throne.
Queenstrial is declared void, when the royals decide they want their children to marry for love.
The prince and princess are told stories of the time before them, when war and inequality plagued their kingdom. When whispers ruled the court and murdered anyone who stood in the way. Their parents tell them about the mistakes and bad decisions they had made not to scare them of course, but to help them learn. To help them see that the search for strength and power only brings blood and sorrow.
For generations after their own, King Maven and Queen Mare are declared the greatest monarchs to ever sit the thrones of Whitefire