Chapter 19: His Return

Katherine POV:
I saw him, he was on the floor with Harry on top of him. I was confused until I heard Harry saying " He's back, He's back, Voldemort is back, Cedric asked me to bring his body back, I couldn't leave him not there." The second I heard what Harry said I ran down the bleachers and saw Cedric lifeless. He was dead. My first love had died.

" NO NO Cedric please wake up, t-this c-can't b-be happening", I said while crying and hyperventilating. Harry was comforting me while crying also. I was then pulled away from the crowd and immediately pulled into a hug. I didn't care who it was. I just needed the comfort so I pushed my head into their chest. After a while of me crying I looked up to meet eyes with Draco.

I was about to say something when he said, " hey it's okay you don't need to say anything just know I'm here for you". I nodded and brought my head back into his chest. I looked over to see Voldemort from a distance. Anger filled my body as I had pushed Draco off and started running pointing my wand at the field. I didn't know what I was thinking but that was the point, I didn't want to think I just wanted him to pay for what he had done. 

I started running towards the field about to yell the killing curse at Voldemort when someone had yelled " EXPELLIARMUS". My wand had been knocked out of my hand and I turned around to see Draco. " What do you think you're doing you could die Kathy". Draco said. " I don't care Draco, Cedric died all because of him, he deserves to pay for what he has done", I said. " I know and he will but please don't do this not now, you won't survive the battle , and I won't survive the battle of losing you", he said with tears in his eyes.

Blaise came running into the field and hugged me very tight. As I hugged Blaise I made eye contact with Draco and saw the jealousy and pain in his eyes. I pulled away and grabbed Blaise's hand as we entered the Castle where I continued to cry as he comforted me.