Chapter 40: The Curse

I had told Luk and Ivy about going to Hosgesmade with the rest of us and they agreed. Ivy and I went to our dorms to change. It was almost December so It was already snowing so I had to put on something warm. I put on a Grey coat with black boots and a red beanie.

 I waited for Ivy to get ready and we walked out of the dorm

I waited for Ivy to get ready and we walked out of the dorm. We saw Luk already waiting for us and he said to us, " Wow my sisters look really good", I laughed and said, " Thanks bro" "Hey he was my bro before he became yours", Ivy said. " Yeah whatever, he's still mine." We all laughed and walked to Hogsmeade.

We walked into The Three Broomsticks and saw Harry, Hermione, and Ron already seated. We greeted them and sat down. " Does anyone fancy a butterbeer?", I asked, everyone had nodded and I went up and ordered. I came back and saw everyone staring behind me. I looked to see Ginny snogging Dean Thomas. " Sick git", Ron said. " Honestly Ronald, their only holding  hands.... And snogging", Hermione said awkwardly. "I'd like to leave,." " What, you can't be serious", I said. " That happens to be my sister", Ron said. " So, what if she looked over here and saw you snogging me would you expect her to get up and leave", Hermione said.

We all started to laugh when Harry started waving and Slughorn had walked over to our table. He greeted all of us and then said to Harry , "Listen my boy, in the old days I used to throw together an occasional supper party, I selected a student or two, would you be game?" " I'd consider it an honor sir", Harry replied. He turned to us and said " You'd all be welcomed to join us too", We smiled and I said, " We'd be delighted sir", I said while sipping on my butterbeer. " Splending look for my owl", he said walking away.

We talked for a bit when Ron said, " Y-You've got a little bit", he said pointing to Hermione's lip. She wiped it off embarrassed. We continued talking when we heard screaming outside. We ran and heard Leanne  say "I warned her... I warned her not to touch it!" We saw Katie Bell float in the air looking almost possessed. She fell to the ground and we turned to hear Hagrid saying, "Don't get any closer, get back all of you".

He went up to Katie and picked her up. Harry had tried to touch the box on the floor when Hagrid said, " Do not touch that except for the rapids, do you understand?". Harry nodded and touched the rag and saw a necklace.

We had brought the necklace to Mcgonagall  and she said to us, " You're sure that Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?". " Like I said, she likes to go to the loo, and when she came back she had a package... she said it was important that she delivers it", Leanne said. " Did she say whom to?", The professor asked. " Professor Dumbeldore", Leanne replied. " very well thank you Leanne", She had exited the room leaving just Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I because Ivy and Luk left for their dorms.

" Why is it when something happens it's always you four?", Mcgonagall said, turning to face us. " Believe me professor I've been asking myself the same question for six years now", Ron said and I laughed a little. Mcgonogall was going to say something, but then Snape walked in. Snape had used Wingardium Leviosa to examine the necklace. "What do you think?", Mcgonogall asked. " I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive, she was cursed wasn't she?", Snape said. " I know Katie on the credit of the pitch she wouldn't hurt a fly, if she was delivering that to Professor Dumbeldore she wasn't doing it knowingly", Harry said. "Yes she was cursed", Mcgonogall replied.

"It was Malfoy", Harry stated.

My eyes widened when I heard Harry say that. Why would Draco curse Katie.

" That is a very serious accusation, Potter", Mcgonogall said. "Indeed... your evidence", Snape said. "I just know", Harry said.  

I couldn't believe that Harry would blame draco like that without the evidence. I didn't want to hear more, so I ran out of the room. I had to go find Draco and talk to him about this.

I started wandering around the corridors looking for Draco. I couldn't find him anywhere until I stopped and saw the RR doors. Why would this be shown to me, as if I was meant to see it? I opened the door and walked in and started to look around. I saw a bunch of antiques and boxes. I heard a sound from the back of the room and made my way over there. I saw him. Draco.

I stepped on something that made a sound which caused him to turn around.

" Kathy, what are you doing here?", Draco said tensedly. " I-I was looking for you" , I said whispering. " Why?". " W-Well I heard some rumors about Katie Bell being cursed and something else", I said.

I saw Draco tense up and then say, " What else did you hear". " I tried to lighten the mood by laughing saying " It's actually a little funny Harry had made an accusation about you being a death eater and you cursed Katie bell today".

Draco became very serious and said, "Katherine I need to tell you something." I got a little worried, but just said, "What's wrong?" 

"I am a death eater", he said.