Chapter 17: Easy Battles are No Fun

"Keep your voice down" Andrea hissed as she whispered, "Nik won't come back to Earth

"Keep your voice down" Andrea hissed as she whispered, "Nik won't come back to Earth. Someone killed him".

"Who is Nik?" Blair asked cluelessly.

"The bald dude. Don't tell me you forgot him" Andrea sighed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"I have no reason to remember his name" he said as he adjusted his hands on the table right next to him.

"You don't think Ren can do that, do you?" she asked as Blair's hand flew up in realisation.

"I don't think so" he said trying to convince himself and Andrea, but both of them knew better. She was coming for them.

...............................................................

"I have a question" Sebastian asked with his usual, cocky smirk.

"What is it?" Ren asked, walking further away from him.

"If random people come to protect your parents and you have to kill them, would you do it?" he asked with and I-know-everything face.

"I mean, I guess?" she said, knowing just what his question would be.

"Why didn't you kill Nik then?" he asked.

"Wait, who's Nik?" she asked.

"Bald guy" he said blatantly.

"You know him?" she asked.

"Yes, Ren. He is a demon. A useless one at that" he stated with hate.

"Did he do something to you?" Ren asked with concern in her eyes.

"I-I don't know. You kept saying he deserved it. And you said you were immune to getting controlled and it feels like, he did something. I could be wrong but-" Ren began, only to be stopped by Sebastian.

"You overthink too much huh" he said, "focus on that revenge of yours and mind your own business" he said.

"Fine whatever" Ren said, pretending to blow it off. A few minutes of aimless walking continued, with Ren getting glares from Sebastian.

"Do you even know where we are going?" he asked with boredom.

"I thought you did" she said.

"Why would I know?" he asked.

"You knew all about me in New Orleans, so I figured" she said.

"I am not a creep" he said, "besides, you don't remember where you used to live".

"Of course not. First of all, I was only twelve, I didn't know directions. Second of all, even if I did, I'd have forgotten by now" she said, looking proud of her answer.

"I guess this is what happens when a demon is raised by witches" he said, grabbing her hand, dragging her inside a small, bright cafe, filled with white lights and tables meant for couples.