Chapter 5: Ava Carson

Today was the perfect day! We got food for starters and Ren now knows who she is! It's all she has ever wanted

Today was the perfect day! We got food for starters and Ren now knows who she is! It's all she has ever wanted. I could see her shifting her body every few seconds. She was probably awake due to excitement. Or questions. I know I was. My doubts kept haunting me. I knew I was anything but normal. I wasn't sure of anything. This isn't the first time I've felt like something was going to come out of me. A surge of power. I remember brushing it off trying to pretend that I was just nauseous. But today. Today when Ren was trying to find out what type of demon she was, the ouija board didn't answer until I got away from it! I remember Ren telling me about how the opposite spirits hate each other. She did call upon a dark spirit. If it didn't want to answer when I was around, what did that make me? I just brushed my thoughts away like I always do and put myself to sleep.

The Next Morning.....

I woke up to see a body covering the sun from hitting my face. I looked up to see Ren towering over me.

"I'm glad one of us got our beauty sleep" Ren said looking at the clock

"Oh My God we are going to be late for school" I said panicking

"Forget school. For today at least" Ren said. I sighed as i nodded my head

"You didn't sleep?"  I asked her

"No. At first I was excited and I didn't even want to sleep. But more and more questions keep hitting me. You know what I mean?" she said

"Oh yeah, you don't know the half of it" I said

"This means that Andrea and Blair aren't my actual parents! Witches can give birth to demons. I wasn't adopted because if I was they wouldn't expect me to be a witch. Then what on earth happened?" Ren continued totally ignore what I said which I am glad she did

"What other possibilities are there?" I asked trying to pretend that  I was focused

"Wait that's not all! Why did the ouija board answer my question only after you walked a few steps away?" Ren asked. There it was. The question I have been dreading all day.

"I have no idea. Maybe I am hateful" I said

"There is more to it that that. Rest assured we will figure it out" Ren said. When she spoke like that there was no stopping her. She is a determined girl and I have always sided her. Will I be able to do that this time? I had no choice but to ask her.

"Ren. I was wondering. Did you feel anything like paranormal?" I asked

"I mean I didn't other than the fact that Andrea's spell didn't work on me. But I remember her telling me that since my grandma's powers were bottle up for eight years. A surge of power came out and almost burned down the fields back then!" Ren said. A surge of power! Did that mean i was going to explode any second? I pretty much decided that I was a witch. Even if I wasn't i did feel a surge of power. I had to tell Ren! But there was no use worrying her more than she already is.

"We should just get to school" I said and just put on a pair of jeans and a hoodie and ran towards my school. Ms. Hotchkiss wasn't mad at me though because I had aced the math test. I went and took a seat in the corner of the room. I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I looked up to see HER. Gorgeous girl who every boy wanted to date. The girl with expensive clothes. She was the bully in our school. Macey. She brushed my face with her long, flowing blonde hair and looked at me with her cold blue eyes. 

"You look trashier than ever today. Did mommy not teach you how to look good for the boys? Oh that's right! You don't have a mother" Macey said and laughed as she took her seat.

"Macey! That is no way to talk to somebody! See me after class!" Ms.Hotchkiss said raising her voice. There was only hatred in my veins. How badly I wanted to suck the soul out of her! SUddenly the bell rang and everybody rushed out of the class. Macey and her posse went towards the restroom and I followed them. I was good at ignoring her but there is just so much one person can take. Just as I was going to rush in after her, somebody grabbed my hand.

"Ren!?" I exclaimed

"Why are you going after Macey?" She asked

"I'm done ignoring her! She's not going to bully me after this anymore!" I said sternly with confidence. I entered the restroom quietly with Ren just a few inches away from me. I could hear Macey's perfect laugh, the kind everyone adored. I wanted to strangle her but decided to just be stern with her.

"Macey! I am done with you. You are so self-absorbed that you can't even see that nobody likes you for who you are" I said

"Whatever loser. You are never going to be like me. Maybe if you had somebody to teach you, you wouldn't be this way. Ooh! What if your parents actually committed suicide because they were so sick of you?" Macey said and laughed along with her posse.

I was so done with them. They did not get to speak like that! I felt a surge of power run up my veins. I could feel the cold yet disturbing power in my hand. I wasn't going to embrace it this time. I was going to let it out. I felt a burst of energy come out my palms as I directed it towards Macey. I could hear her scream in pain as her body twitched and she fell to the ground. I could hear her whimper on the floor and I could feel something. That I don't remember ever feeling. It was pure joy! Watching her suffer like that.. Ren grabbed my hand and slapped me. Reality soon came back to me as i realised what I had just done.

"I didn't want to slap you. Just wanted you to snap out of it" Ren said

I looked at Macey. Her body lay still on the floor. One of her minions yelled "What did you do freak?!" I went closer to her body and felt her heartbeat stop. She was dead. I killed her. Her minions yelled out "Ms. Thomson!! Macey is dead"

The whole world spun around me! I couldn't feel anything except horror. Ren grabbed my arm as we fled from the restroom. We ran as fast as we could away from our school. We sat in Mary's Milk Bar as I took a second to think about what I did. I was scared and guilty. And I kept thinking the same thing over and over again.

What had I done?

Author's Note: Hey Ya'll i hope you enjoyed this chapter. What is Ava and why did her parents not tell her about any of this? Just want to point out that this book will have Alternativ P.O.V so there's no need to be confused. Don't forget to vote on this chapter and tell me what you thought about it in the comments. If you haven't already. Please do follow me for updates when I post my chapter. Also I just entered the Sweet Sweeter contest and if ya'll want your books recognized that the right place for it. If you are interested in stories related to hell and heaven you should totally check out "The Bridge Between Heaven And Hell" written by  @Author_Lorax I'll see you guys next Thursday!! Stay tuned!

 If you are interested in stories related to hell and heaven you should totally check out "The Bridge Between Heaven And Hell" written by  @Author_Lorax I'll see you guys next Thursday!! Stay tuned!