Chapter 23: Demise

"Talk about what?" Ren asked, perplexed.

"Do you care about Ava?" he asked, his eyes focusing on hers.

"Of course I do!" she exclaimed, not sure where this was going.

"She deserves to live. She deserves to get what she always wanted. Do you agree?" he asked, trying to get information out of her.

"Get to the point, Sebastian." she demanded.

"The prophecy you found, it says you will bring hell on Earth. That basically means you will wipe the demons out because, they are on Earth now." he said, explaining as though she was an eight year old child who did not know better.

"How can I kill all of them?" she asked, knowing that he knew what had to be done.

"I am not going to take the fall for you and neither will Ava." he said, finally getting to the point.

"What do you mean?" Ren asked, her heart thumping.

"You are going to have to die."

....................................................................

"How could you possibly expect this from me?" She asked in disbelief.

"The same way you expect this from us, Ren." Sebastian replied, staring into her eyes.

"Ava wouldn't want this." she stated.

"But I do and deep down she does." he stated.

"She would never want this from me!" she exclaimed in fear of being persuaded. This was not what she wanted.

"That's why she'll never know." he said, not showing any emotions.

"Do you really want to see me go?" she asked, pain in her voice. At that, he stopped glaring and looked at her, his eyes turning soft.

"You got what you wanted. You got your revenge. Ava devoted her whole life to your revenge, ignoring her own desires. Don't you think she deserves to do what makes her happy?" Sebastian asked, trying to guilt trip her.

"Why do I have to die for this?" she asked, as her throat welled up. She tried to hold back the tears that threatened to flow out.

"We are all going to die anyway. It's either all three of us or just you. And I know that I'd rather have you die than I." he said, trying not to show the pain in his eyes. He wanted to live, more than anything but knowing that she had to go didn't feel right.

But he knew it was.

"I will not die. I am not going to be a human sacrifice." she said firmly, running away from him to find solace.

....................................................................

Ava walked around Sebastian frantically. She mumbled random words under her breath, pacing back and forth.

"Where is Ren? Did she die?" Ava asked, panic-stricken.

"We are all selfish in the end, aren't we?" Sebastian asked as he stared at the white ceiling, his back resting on a pillar which resembled a displaced wall.

"Huh?" Ava asked, confused by his rant.

"We are all going to die. Is it not better if just one of us does instead?" he asked, looking for an answer.

"Depends on who it is. If it's you who is going to die, I will not debate about it." she said, trying to sound relaxed.

"You want me dead?" he asked, hurt in his voice.