Chapter 1

(A/N): This will be a post Weirdmaggedon plot line where the characters are aged up to adults so I can have fun with them. If you want an official age, we'll just say the twins are eighteen going on nineteen. Anyway, enjoy!

"What do you mean, 'We'll be having guests'? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" you said, picking up all of Soos' laundry from the living room. Melody was out of town to visit her family in Portland and you were stuck babysitting your second cousin, Soos. Little did you know, Soos was having friends over to help with the summer tourist surge that the Mystery Shack always gets. You've never met these "Pines Twins" but they're apparently related to Stan Pines, the original owner of the tourist trap you now called home.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I was going to tell you, but I kept for- WHERE'S MY FEZZ?!" Soos suddenly shouted, scrambling about the house looking for the most important piece of his "Man of Mystery" get up. You sighed in exasperation as you continued to clean the living portion of the Shack as best as possible before the guests arrived later today. You made your way upstairs and into the attic, finding boy band posters on one side and a conspiracy wall on the other. This room belonged to the aforementioned twins when they stayed here with Stan. You were staying in a room that apparently belonged to "Ford Pines" before the Shack was used as an attraction. You didn't know any of these people.

You had moved into the Shack with Soos when you were sixteen after a fight with your parental figures. It's been two years and you're still too stubborn to go back. You finished high school online and are now raising money to move out by helping around the Shack and picking up late night shifts at Greasy's Diner. You've heard about the Pines family from many of the people in town but they don't say much after the name is mentioned. As you dust the untouched desks and sweep away six years worth of dirt, your eyes wander to the conspiracy wall.

The wall is covered in shaky, blurry photos, old news articles, hand written notes and red string tying it all together. You were told that the twins names were Mason and Mabel. "If I'm right and the boy band posters belong to Mabel, then all of this must have been Mason's." you say, leaning over the stripped mattress to see everything. You're naturally curious and are always looking for new things to see and discover, but this is another level. As you're trying to figure out what all these different things even mean, footsteps are heard before a girl wearing a short skirt and a handmade turtleneck sweater steps into the room. "Oh my goodness! All of our old stuff is still here Dipper!" the girl says as she immediately runs over to the right side of the room, flopping onto the bed.

"Um... hello?" You greet, perturbed by her lack of interest in you. It was like she didn't even see you when she came in. She blows a few pieces of her long brown curls out of her face before suddenly noticing you, a look of wonder in her chocolate eyes. "Who is this mystical creature?" she asks, not speaking to you directly but staring at you none the less. That's when a boy walks into the room. You take a moment to look at him. Trimmed curls that match the girl's hair are hidden beneath a worn bomber hat, a few curls peaking out to cover his forehead. He's thin and tall, like a stick bug wearing a red flannel and a mustard yellow tee with faded, blue jeans.

"Oh! Hi! You must be (Y/N). I-I'm Mason but everyone calls me Do-Dipper and this is Ma.... What are you doing, Mabel?" His tone went from shy to completely done in point two seconds when he saw his sister gawking at you. "I am beholding this beautiful beast that has been bestowed with a god like visage. Why?" Mabel said, never breaking her gaze long enough to even blink. You watched as Dipper slapped his forehead.

"You're scaring him, Mabel. And you already have a boyfriend, remember?" he said, placing his things on the left side of the room and tossing a pink duffel bag at her. She stopped staring to catch the bag and set it on her bed. "Yeah, but Manny is spending the summer with his parents in Montana. Long distance relationships get hard in the long run." she said with a wink, revealing her glittering pink eyeshadow.

"You'll have to forgive my sister, (Y/N). She doesn't know how to tone it down around people she doesn't know. Anyway, we've heard a lot about you from Soos! Although, he failed to mention that you're about our age. We thought you would be older." he explains. You haven't said a word this entire time. You've mostly been staring at Mason or, rather, Dipper. You're not as obvious about it as Mabel, but you can't take your eyes off of him. You snap out of your trance to respond. "Oh! Nope! I'm only eighteen! Heheh..." you say, gripping your opposite arm and playing with the loose skin nervously.

"Cool! So are we!" Dipper said.

"But we're turning nineteen at the end of this summer!" Mabel pointed out.

"That's cool! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll let you two get settled while I go do very important Mystery Shack business downstairs." you said, awkwardly making your way towards the door and waving before shutting it behind you. You slumped against the wall and sighed in relief before shaking your distracting thoughts away.

You ran away from home because you came out as gay to your parents. In return, they came out as homophobic bigots that wanted to send you away to military school. You of course didn't want to do that, so you came to live with Soos, a family member you found through thorough research who hardly knew your parents and wouldn't question why you were suddenly living with him.

You got away from your parents so that you could be yourself, but love and dating hasn't crossed your mind in years. You tried to focus, but just the sight of that boy had your mind reeling. You made your way downstairs to the gift shop and sat down at the register, pulling out the till from this afternoon's rush of tourists and counting the money to keep yourself busy.

"Hey, dork. How's it hanging?"

You look up to see Wendy leaning against the door and wearing her signature blue and white trucker cap, flipping the open sign to say that the Shack is closed. Wendy Corduroy is someone you met when you started living here. She used to work at the Shack for extra spending money, but now she works at her father's lumber mill, training to take over the family business. Wendy's always been pretty chill, but you've also heard every part of her complicated love life. Maybe hanging out with her will make you forget about this little attraction incident. "It's alright. How's it been going with Robbie?" you ask, knowing the subject is sensitive.

"Man, you have no idea how much I hate that dude right now. He hasn't changed his flirting tactics since high school and he still thinks that I'm gonna fall for him writing another song about me? I mean, come on! How many does that make?"

"Seventeen." you respond, finding a bit of entertainment in counting Robbie's magnificent failures at capturing Wendy's heart. You've been counting by category.

"Seven. Teen. Only one of those stupid songs actually worked and that was because he actually found a way to hypnotize me! That creep!"

You continued to listen to Wendy's rant, not noticing the creaking steps coming from upstairs until one of the twins had appeared in the gift shop. "W-wendy?" Dipper said as he entered the room. Wendy stopped talking to see Dipper. No words were spoken as she walked over and brought him into a bear hug. "You little scamp! Why didn't you tell me you were here?" Wendy said, turning the bearhug into a head lock and removing his hat to ruffle his curls. You sat in shock at this display, not knowing what to do.

"I wanted it to be a surprise! Mabel hasn't even told Candy and Grenda yet." Dipper responded, breaking out of the headlock. What happened next made you question everything. Wendy, who you had known for two years now who never took off her pine tree hat, removed her cap and placed it on Dipper's head. "There! I think that hat always suited you better anyway." she said, dawning the bomber cap. This was obviously a personal moment and you didn't know what was going on, so you finished your business quickly and left the store.

You sighed, trying to quell your social anxiety by walking into the nearby forest. The surrounding nature always helps to calm you down. In school you were never the social type, having few friends and always keeping to yourself. When you did have friends, you would always cower away when they were talking to other people. So you did the same with Wendy, letting her and Dipper have their chat. And if your assumptions were correct, then Wendy really liked Dipper. Normally she would always fall for Robbie at the end of the day, but Dipper might change that. Another reason to extinguish these budding feelings before they become anything more. This is going to be a long summer.