Chapter 6

The third Sunday of the month had finally arrived. Your one day off from both the Shack and Greasy's. You always had a love/hate relationship with your off days. On the one hand, you could finally take a break from the fake smiles and long hours. On the other hand, you didn't exactly have much to do. You didn't have many friends in town to do anything with and you always ended up laying in bed all day, counting the seconds or finding some other meaningless distraction to fill the void of time between now and whenever you needed to go back to work.

The twins had been here for almost two weeks now and you finally decided that it was hopeless. You were smitten with the lovable, skinny dork that was known as Dipper Pines. And so you were now sitting up in your room, scrolling through your old socials to try and find anything to take your mind off of your messy feelings. An old friend from middle school had posted wedding photos a few days back. You glared at the photos before switching to a different app. More happy couples. You groaned in frustration as you shut off your phone. Everyone from your old life seemed so happy it made you sick.

Your phone buzzed in your hand and a familiar ring tone played. It was your dad. You turned your phone off completely to keep the call from going through. You occasionally picked up his calls, just to see how he and your mom were doing, but the calls were always cut short when he made some sort of homophobic comment. You looked at the clock on the wall to see that it was only 10 am. At this rate, you would die from boredom.

As if on cue, you heard a knock at your bedroom door. You shot out of bed and looked yourself over. You were far from presentable and you hadn't bothered to shower that morning. You stumbled out of bed and threw on some clean-ish clothes, checking yourself in the mirror and adjusting your messy bed head before another knock came from the door. "(Y/N)? You still asleep?" Dipper said from the other side. You checked the mirror again and suddenly found that you were extremely repulsive and you would rather die than let him see you like this. "I'm getting changed!" you said, hoping that would stall him.

Dipper blushed as several images rushed into his head from the simple statement. He shook away the dirty thoughts that were swimming around his mind and controlled his urge to open the door anyway. "Oh, well, I was just wondering if you wanted to..." Dipper trailed off. What was his excuse this time? He couldn't just pester you at work like normal because you weren't working. He was planning on casually asking to join you in whatever you were doing today, but you hadn't come out of your room at all. But the thought of not seeing you today made him feel... lonely.

He enjoyed talking to you. Asking you questions, whether you answered them or not. Listening to your laughter whenever he pulled off some stupid joke. He was thinking of asking you to hang out with him today, but he suddenly noticed his nosy twin peering around the corner of the hallway. He glared at her and she retreated, but he knew she wouldn't go far. Not if there was a Scrapbookertunity.

You opened the door and Dipper stepped back, taking in your appearance. You had decided on a simple button down shirt and jeans, since it was the only clothes you owned that you didn't wear to work. You had left a few of the buttons undone since Dipper had gone completely silent in the middle of what sounded like him asking you out on a date. He blushed, but didn't seem to mind it. "You were wondering...?" you asked.

Dipper looked back down the hall to see if his sister was still watching. She totally was. He shook his nerves away and looked back at you. You were looking straight into his deep brown eyes with a look he had never really seen before. Was it curiosity? Excitement? Anxiety? He didn't know. "Would you like to tag along with me and Mabel? We're going into town to relive some old memories." he said. He wasn't looking at his sister but he knew she was frowning at him. He hadn't had any plans to do anything today. It was a total lie.

You didn't know how to describe the mix of relief and disappointment that washed over you. "I don't know. I wouldn't want to intrude." you said. You liked hanging out with the twins, but they had so many good memories in this town that you knew nothing about. Dipper leaned in closer to you, putting his lips up to your ear. His breath against your neck made you shiver from head to toe. "Do you believe in ghosts?" he asked. The question was a little strange, given that you were basically melting into a puddle, but you answered anyway.

"I've never seen one, but I wouldn't call myself a skeptic." you said. Dipper smirked. He was becoming a lot more comfortable with seeing you up close, even though your open shirt was distracting him. "Well, we can show you all the haunted spots in Gravity Falls. We might even see a few ghosts." he said. You nodded your head excitedly before you could think about it.

Dipper smiled, feeling a little victorious. It wasn't technically a date, but he had convinced you nonetheless. He backed away, trying to hide the huge grin that wanted to spread across his face. "Awesome! We'll see you downstairs in an hour or so?" he said. You nodded again before closing your door and turning back towards the struggle of finding something decent to wear.

Dipper walked away from your room with a huge grin on his face until he turned the corner where Mabel had been "hiding".

"Nice one, bro bro!" she said, snapping a picture of his dopey grin before he could realize what was happening. Mabel ran as Dipper chased her down the hall, begging her to delete the photo. "Ha ha! Never!!!" she shouted, sliding down the stairs rail into the gift shop and knocking over a customer on her way out the door. "HAVE FUN ON YOUR DATE!" she shouted before she ran into the forest. Dipper sighed. He knew for a fact that she wasn't coming back. He would be alone with you.