Chapter 20

You were getting ready for bed and were about to take a shower in your ensuite (which you never really used until the incident with Mason in Chapter 3) when you heard a knock at the door. You threw on a large t shirt to cover yourself. It was one of the shirts you bought from the gift shop when you got here two years ago. All your clothes had been polos, white collars and sweater vests but you refused to wear those now. They were all hidden at the bottom of your closet in a suitcase you hoped to never open again.

You answered the door, already knowing who it was, and saw Mason in his pajamas. All he really wore was his "The Truth Is Out There" shirt from that day and a pair of boxers and your heart started racing.

⚠️(PG-13 language but nothing too explicit)⚠️

When Mason had implied that he would be sleeping with you for the next few days, you weren't sure if he would be "sleeping with you" or not. You had been a little too nervous to ask, especially when the elder Pines were in the room and you had to rush to your shift at Greasy's right after. You were exhausted and nervous all day. You tried to shake your dirty thoughts away but you couldn't, especially when Mason wasn't wearing much to cover himself.

Your mind drifted back to the previous night but you snapped out of it quickly when you saw the pillow and bedroll tucked under his arms. You sighed, unsure whether it was a feeling of relief or disappointment that washed over you. "Come on in." you said, stepping aside to let him in. You smirked and started setting the bedroll up on the floor next to your bed.

Mason was also extremely nervous. He didn't know if you were okay with him sleeping in your bed again so he brought his own gear, just in case. Mabel had tried to wrench it from his hands before he left the room, but he insisted on taking it. He didn't want to pressure you into anything.

"So are you ready to get some sleep?" he asked.

"Almost. I was just going to take a shower." you said. Mason blushed and bit his lip to keep himself from talking and making himself look like an idiot. "Cool! I promise not to barge in on you this time." he said with an awkward chuckle. You held back your laughter when you saw his nervous blush and wanted to see him blush a little more. You walked past him towards the bathroom and set your hand on his shoulder, leaning up to his ear. "I wouldn't mind if you did."

Your breath barely grazed his ear but your words made him stand at attention. He was tempted to follow you into the bathroom but thought better of it. He wouldn't even know what to do if he did. You seemed much more experienced with guys than he did (although you weren't) and he didn't want to disappoint you. While you took your time in the shower, Mason started researching. He didn't think he would find any books about it, but he found a couple articles online and a video about "protection".

He tried to avoid anything that just looked like porn. It wasn't the most accurate source and he really didn't want you to hear him watching porn on his phone while you were in the bathroom. Completely naked. Covered in water from head to toe.

Mason shook the images away. He liked you for much more than your body and he wanted to make that clear before you started doing it regularly. He wanted you to be more comfortable around him. He wanted to know a lot more about you before he asked you to-

You came out of the bathroom with the same baggy T-shirt on. It had a rock that looked like a face on it, but that's not what Mason was focused on. You were pulling up a pair of plaid pants holding a towel to your head. Your hair was dripping wet and some of the water was slowly trickling down your neck and collar bone until it was hidden by the shirt. Mason reflected on just how attracted he was to his boyfriend before he turned over in his bedroll.

"Are you really going to sleep down there?" you asked, drying your hair as you climbed into bed. Mason looked up from the floor and nodded. "I mean, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or anything." he said. You shook your head and laughed. "But what if I get scared all by myself? How will I know I'm safe if my big, strong boyfriend isn't holding me tight?" you asked. You saw the tips of his ears turn red and you tried to hold back your laughter as he turned around.

"So, you want me to sleep with you?" he asked.

It was your turn to turn red. He had the cutest look in his puppy dog eyes, as if he had no idea what he had just said. Maybe he didn't. Maybe you were freaking out over nothing. "I-I wouldn't mind if you joined me up here." you said, trying to avoid his eyes while you held your hand out to him. A warm feeling spread up your arm as he took your hand, climbing onto the bed with you and tucking into the covers.

⚠️(No more PG-13 stuff)⚠️

"So what happened when Bill entered your mind?" Mason asked, trying to change the subject. You were both blushing so much that it felt like you were under a heated blanket. You laid down next to him and turned on your side to face him. "Nothing much. I just tried to stall him for as long as possible."

"You said before that he offered you something. What was it?"

"He... he offered to give me control of my life. To stop the never ending rollercoaster of chaos and let me take the reins. All he asked for was a small favor. I knew it sounded too good to be true so I didn't trust him." you said.

"Do you really feel like that, (Y/N)?" he asked. You looked down at your hands and curled into yourself. "It's okay if you don't understand. Life must be pretty easy for a Harvard guy, huh?" you said with a forced smile. Mason took your hand and moved closer to you. "(Y/N), I met Bill when I was 12. I even made a deal with him, but he lied to me and possessed my body. I went through a lot to learn the secrets of Gravity Falls." he said. You hugged him, feeling unsure whether you were comforting him or he was comforting you. "If there's anything you want to tell me, just know that I've faced stranger things."

You fell asleep to the sound of his voice, which was the best feeling in the world. It was a lot easier than you thought it would be. You felt safe with Mason, and that made you love him even more.