Chapter One

~Ayano's POV~

I was walking home. To that empty and abandoned place where my parents died. I had no where else to go. I was walking 'home' from practice. I was training to become a Professional Hunter. I walked past a dark alley way. I noticed something light and stopped in my tracks. I turned back to see what it was.

A boy. About my age. He had silver hair and sapphire blue eyes.

'He's really hot.' I thought.

What the hell an I saying?! Anyways, I was scared though. There was a dead body right in front of him. Blood was pouring out of the body continuously. It didn't stop. I dropped my wooden katanas that I was holding and the boy looked at me.

'I'm scared, but...'

"Don't worry, I don't need to kill you." The boy said as he walked past me.

'I saw something in his eyes that made me see his emotions... Loneliness. And it made me bravery because I'm the same.'

"Wait," I turned around to face him. The boy stopped and looked at me.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"A-Are you alright?" I asked him nervously.

"What? Why?"

"Because you seem emotionless, but..."

"But?"

"You seem pretty lonely. Is what you do that lonely?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I'm sorry... If I was a bother." I said to him softly, then turned around to walk away.

"Hey," the boy called me. I looked back.

"My name's Killua. You?"

"Ayano. Ayano Sora." I smiled as the boy, whose name is Killua, smiled back then turned around and walked away.

I continued walking. Then I heard other people talking about the Hunter Exams.

"It's today."

"Really?"

"Yeah, the exams are starting in, like, another six hours."

I stood there. I was planning to take the exams next year, because I needed more training, but...

Every time someone mentions the exams, I just wanna take it even more. I tried. I honestly tried to fight the urge to take the exams. But, I obviously failed and started running to the train. I ran as fast as I could.

I was still holding the wooden katanas. Before I entered the train, I stopped by the shop I got the katanas and tradded it with one long handled, silver katana. The blade was seriously made out of silver. I was friends with the guy who works there, so I, um, got it for free.

I got into the train and started heading for the building where the exams were. The ride was taking forever!!!

/\___/\

|=¤ω¤=|

(")      (")

I arrived at the Hunter Exams, FINALLY!! I was #306. I sighed at the low number I got cause I was late, lol. Then someone walked up to me.

"Hello, my name is Tonpa." He said to me. "You must be new, need a drink to hydrate?"

"Um, sure?" I said unsurely. I took the can from him and opened it. I let some stay in my mouth, then spit it out like I was taking a spit shot. "Tonpa-san, I'm sorry, but the flavor tastes terrible. Plus, I don't really like carbonated drinks."