[003]

sapnap rushed down the stairs, his jacket halfway on and hair wild. he'd accidentally fell asleep on the couch while waiting for five to finally come around, but he was happy he'd told punz when he woke up that he was going somewhere at five. punz had hit him repeatedly with a pillow until sapnap was awake.

"idiot, don't you have somewhere to be?!" punz smacked sapnap in the head with the pillow as sapnap tried to get his things together. sapnap covered his head with his hands as luke chased him around, stopping at the door. sapnap practically sprinted out of the apartment and down the stairs.

he was also glad the cafe was close. all he had to do was cross a few streets, turn a few times, and he was there.

george was there in front of the shop, checking his phone. he glanced over to where sapnap was running over, pocketing his phone and smiling at the dark-haired boy.

"sorry!" sapnap apologized, stopping next to george.

george rolled his eyes. "you look like you just woke up."

"i did!!"

george laughed and they started walking down the street.

"so, where do you wanna go first? there's a lot of places we could visit," george asked, pulling up a note on his phone where various different places were typed in.

"anywhere is fine," sapnap said, looking at the notes. a particular place caught his eye and he pointed to it. "actually, there!"

"alright," george smiled. he pointed down the street, where the sun would set.

they walked for about ten minutes, just talking. sapnap was looking around the city, his eyes bright with curiosity and excitement. george watched him, a small smile on his face, leading sapnap down the street.

"when do you start college?" george tapped sapnap's shoulder, motioning to the left where they had to turn.

"i think in two weeks. they said that since most of us have to move into new places and shit they wanted us to be settled... or sort of settled before school really started," sapnap shrugged.

"we're here."

sapnap stopped next to george, staring out at the large amusement park stretched out on the beach in front of them. george smiled sideways at him, slipping his shoes and socks off. sapnap did the same, watching george run onto the beach.

"i haven't touched sand, much less this beach, in years!" george called to him, dropping his shoes and socks onto the sand and running to the shore. sapnap followed, picking george's shoes up along the way. george had his pants already rolled up and was almost calf-deep in the ocean.

"really?" sapnap yelled back. he let the water crashing up onto the shore run around his feet, enjoying how cold the water was.

"wanna go to the amusement park?" george pointed to the park, yelping as water splashed up and left small wet spots on his clothes.

"sure," sapnap said, hands dripping wet. a cheeky smile adorned his face as he retreated out of the water and onto the beach again. george glared at him as he waded out of the water as well.

"race you there?" sapnap asked, his grin growing wider. george rolled his eyes at the other boy's childish intentions.

"whatever," george said, picking up his shoes and socks and watching sapnap run down the beach to the boardwalk stairs.

cute,

wait, what?

george shook his head. he didn't hate the thoughts, but he didn't like them either. he also couldn't confirm whether he actually thought them, or if they just... "autocorrected" in his brain.