[005]

sapnap woke up abruptly, neck stiff and arms numb. he'd fallen asleep at his desk—again. papers were spilled across the desk and his laptop screen was dark. a mug of something honey-coloured sat on the edge of the desk, still steaming. a sticky note was attached to it: stop falling asleep at your desk and go to bed.

sapnap smiled tiredly at the familiarly messy handwriting. punz must've put it there. his blue-eyed friend was huge on self-health and insisted that sapnap get out of his damn room and do something, or at least take a break.

he smelled the liquid, eyes brightening at the scent of tea. his favourite tea, in fact. sapnap picked up the warm mug with his hands, ignoring the fact that it was burning hot, and took a sip. warmth spread over his mouth and throat as he swallowed, feeling more awake.

finishing his drink, sapnap stood from his chair and leaned his head to the side, cringing at the pops and cracks he heard. he pushed the door open, frowning when he saw it was open by a crack. the tea had been fresh, though, so he guessed punz had just put it there.

"punz?" sapnap called, setting the mug in the sink.

"what?" sapnap heard a soft, slurred voice reply. sapnap looked over the counter to see punz stretched out comfortably on the couch, face half-buried in the pillows. for a guy who cared a lot about self-health, he sure didn't take his own advice.

"thanks for the tea," sapnap said as he walked over to sit on the edge of the couch. punz nodded into the pillow, closed eyes hidden by his shaggy blond bangs.

sapnap draped the throw blanket over punz after he heard his quiet snores resume. sapnap stood up again, squeezing punz's shoulder, and walked back into his room. his desk had papers strewn all over it and some were on the floor. his laptop was dead.

his arms tingled as blood rushed back into them. he shivered, hating the feeling, trying to rub them to speed the process up quicker. sapnap was still horribly homesick, but less now that he and punz had settled into their new home more, and now that sapnap had school, he was busy.

it was september now. new drinks, fashion, themes. sapnap hated september; he much more preferred october, when leaves actually started falling and the weather got colder.

sapnap's head snapped up and he picked up his phone, inputting the password and clicking george's contact. his fingers flew before sapnap even had time to process what was going through his brain.

me 9:27
want to go to the mall with me? punz passed out on the couch again

george replied almost immediately.

gog 9:27
sure! let's meet at the cafe?

me 9:28
okay :)

sapnap stuffed his phone in his pocket, beginning to run out the door but catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror. he looked like shit.

he couldn't go out looking like this. his hair looked like he'd been electrocuted, his white shirt was crumpled and his sweatpants were... just no.

sapnap looked through his closet, grumbling to himself about how he didn't have any good clothes or anything nice to wear. why did he care so much?

it took him ten minutes to find his outfit. a bad outfit, no less. by then, george probably thought sapnap ditched him, so sapnap decided to call the brunette.

"hello?" sapnap heard george ask, confusion lacing his voice.

"hey, george. i'm gonna be running late because i have nothing to wear," sapnap sighed, running a hand through his hair.

george laughed. "it's okay. want me to come over and help you?"

butterflies swirled in sapnap's stomach as he replied, "s-sure, that'd be great."

"okay, just text me your apartment number and building and i'll be there in a few minutes." how was george so calm?

"awesome," sapnap breathed as george hung up. he quickly texted the details to george, tossing his phone onto his bed.

not awesome.

sapnap jumped when he heard a knock echo through the apartment, almost falling off his bed. he practically threw his bedroom door open, completely forgetting about punz asleep on the couch, running through the apartment to the front door.

george stood outside, patiently waiting. he had on a red oversized sweatshirt, pale blue ripped jeans, and red high-top converse. to sapnap, he looked like a god. a soft god.

"hi," george started, rubbing his arm. sapnap swallowed, moving out of the way.

"uh, come in. punz is—"

"right here," punz muttered, just loud enough for the two of them to hear. he waved an arm from where he was on the couch.

"right there," sapnap shrugged. george laughed, stepping into the apartment.

"so, you don't have anything to wear?" george asked, slipping his shoes off and placing them neatly by the wall.

"no, he doesn't. he looks like he's high all the time. please, help him," punz answered before sapnap could say anything. george stifled a laugh as sapnap glared at his friend.

"you go back to bed," sapnap huffed, walking to his room, beckoning for george to follow. george did, carefully closing the door behind him.

sapnap pointed to his closet as he sat down on his bed. "that's where most of my clothes are."

"alright."

five minutes later, george had picked out a cream-coloured zip hoodie, a random t-shirt, black jeans, and nike air forces.

"okay, here. i dunno what your style is but these'll probably look good," george said as he handed sapnap the clothes. sapnap gave george a smile and ducked into his bathroom, walking out a minute later.

"i like it," sapnap said, tossing his old clothes onto his bed. george nodded, returning the smile.

"ready to go?" sapnap asked, picking up his phone and wallet. george nodded again and they walked out.

they said bye to punz on their way out, racing down the stairs to the entrance. the butterflies were still swimming around in sapnap's stomach, more so whenever their shoulders bumped together on accident. this would be fun.

---

i hope u guys like it so far :)