Chapter 11

We were all quiet as we headed towards the rocky part of the beach. We're far from the harbor now, nearly out of the city's boundaries. Bitter disappointment and anger was written all over Iyanna's face.

Alex tried talking to her but she didn't respond and when I tried to explain the reasons for letting the Hunter go, she just turned away.

In the end, both Alex and I gave up and opted to keep quiet.

Alex finally spoke up after three hours of silence.

"We need to take Scianna as fast as we can. Abduct her, force her, convince her, whatever. We need to get away as fast as possible."

"My, Scianna is one lucky girl. I hope she realize that." Iyanna said in contempt before walking away.

I sighed and stood up to follow her but Alex just shook his head.

"Let her be, she'll get over it." He said.

I sat back down uncertainly.

"Then we need another plan." I said.

"The Hunters will be watchful now, we'll need to take great risk. We need to get close to Scianna. We must tell her everything. Try to convince her. We need to go back to the city, back to the Hunters." Alex stated.

"I think it should be me. I'm her brother and we'd been together ever since we we're kids, I think I have more chance of convincing her." I volunteered.

Alex looked like he wanted to disagree but decided against it and just nodded.

"We'll go back to the city this evening though we need to be very careful now that the police are involve as well. . ." He stopped squinting over the distance.

"What?" I asked.

He frowned and squinted in concentration.

"They're leaving.' He stood up and sniffed the air. 'Yeah, it's definitely them."

I followed his eyes and saw a ferry leaving the harbor.

"Do you think they'll be going back to Beuregard?" I asked.

"Or they could be going to Elsworth town." Iyanna piped in, she had stood up too and was looking at the boat intensely.

We looked at each other in worry.

The Young Ones might still be in Elsworth town.

"Come on, let's follow them." I said and plunge into the cold water.

I heard two splashes and when I emerged, I saw Alex and Iyanna swimming alongside me.

The farther we were from the shore, the colder the water got and the waves become bigger, pushing us back making it hard for us to move forward.