Chapter 2

"Good morning, my name is Sandra Collins and if you have any questions, you can ask me personally."

She bowed and headed towards the empty seat at the far corner of the room, the school year was close to an end, so most of the seats are occupied.

I was still gaping at her but she was not looking at me.

"We need to talk to her." Alex whispered.

"Later. Let's wait for her after this class." I whispered back.

In front, Mr. Pratts was talking about poets, I completely tuned out his voice which wasn't very hard to do, especially when I'm feeling a lot of emotions in my chest.

I couldn't wait for the class to end and when the bell finally rang, I jumped out of my seat and hurried outside.

Alex followed, he leaned against the wall, tapping his fingers impatiently against the concrete.

Louise followed timidly.

"Uh, Louise, you do know where your brother and Iyanna is, right?"

She nodded.

"Good, go to them, we'll be there in ten minutes."

She looked as if she was going to ask a question but Alex just glared at her which made her walk away as fast as she can.

When Scianna finally went out of the room, I quickly grabbed her hand.

"Scianna!" Alex called out.

"Do I know you?" She frowned.

"Y-you don't remember?" I asked.

"Would I have asked if I do?" She raised an eyebrow at us.

We just stared at her. She seemed very different from Scianna yet I'm sure that she's my sister.

"Besides, you got my name wrong. It's Sandra." She quickly took off after saying that.

I turned to Alex.

"I don't care what she says, she's Scianna, I can feel it."

"I know. She forgot us but it's still her. Can't you remember anything that had happened before she disappeared? Who took her?"

I just shook my head in response. It's very frustrating.

"What had your mom told you?" I asked Alex.

His mom was one of the people who found me two years ago.

Alex shook his head."All she told me was you might have been attacked by Hunters. What about Randall, he was with you, wasn't he?"

"Yes, he said that Scianna told him to run when arrows started appearing out of nowhere. He got hit by one and fainted due to blood loss. He didn't saw anyone either."

Alex sighed.

"Whoever it was should have been pretty good if none of you saw them."

"Come on, let's talk to Iyanna."

"Scianna's here and she does not recognize you?" Iyanna gave us a skeptical look.

"She does not remember us." I corrected.

"You two lovebirds should keep your voice down. Most people here are... curious."Alex told us.

What he said earned a glare from me and Iyanna.

He just smiled at us, unperturbed.

We were in the school cafeteria, it was lunchtime and we're currently eating our lunch while trying hard to ignore all the people who were watching us warily.

"You know, let's just get out of here." Iyanna vaulted off out of annoyance.

Those wary looks were also starting to get in my nerves so I followed her.

We ended up slumped under a huge oaktree. Luckily, we still have thirty minutes left before the next class starts.

"We left the Vega siblings in the cafeteria." Alex pointed out.

The safety of the Vega kids is our responsibility, not that they're in any danger, they're the richest family in this town and people are intimidated by their social status.

Iyanna waved her hand dismissively.

"They'll be fine. Now, tell me about this new girl, are you sure she's Scianna?"

I nodded.

"Positive. Their scent is the same." Alex confirmed with a faraway look on his face.

Iyanna gently patted his arm, I felt a twinge of jealousy in my chest but I ignored it since there's a more pressing matter at hand.

I cleared my throat and Iyanna quickly withdrawed her hand.

"It's her. She had shortened and dyed her hair but other than that, there are no other physical changes that I could see." I said.

Iyanna nodded thoughtfully.

"What about her tattoo?"

I mulled for a while. Scianna was wearing a long-sleeved shirt and it perfectly concealed the tattoo.

She only have one since she disappeared before she turned eighteen.

We get one tattoo for every milestone we achieve.We all get our first on our thirteenth birthday as a symbol of the end of our childhood.

For the females, they get their 2nd tattoo during their 18th birthday, when they will be considered adults. Males don't get their 2nd until they turn 21.

"She hid it." Alex answered.

"She must have amnesia if she does not remember you, I suggest that we should observe first before we do anything." Iyanna decided.

We agreed with her before heading back to the cafeteria.We were all quiet on the way home, there were no chases, playful fights or light teasing.

Even Randall was quiet, his eyes scrutinizing us though he didn't ask any questions.

He is a very perceptive kid, and he knows when to ask questions and when to keep quiet.

We dropped the Vega kids at their mansion before heading home. We were about halfway there when I felt something... strange.

The hairs at the back of my neck stood.

It felt like someone was watching us.

I turned to my companions, they feel it too.

Alex let out a low growl.

Iyanna grabbed Randall's arm and pulled him behind us.

Suddenly there was a loud 'zap' in the air and I ducked just in time for the arrow to miss my head.

"Hunters." Iyanna hissed and as if on cue, people in dark overalls appeared, clutching bows, arrows and swords.

"Surrender or die." One of them said.

"I'd rather die." I answered before pouncing on him.