Chapter 3

The air was quickly filled by the scent of blood.

I quickly tore the throat of the man I attacked. He let out a guttural sound as blood spilled from his mouth and the hole on his neck.

I dodged two arrows and it lodged into the tree behind me.

Alex quickly tackled my attacker, his sharp canines digging into the man's neck.

Behind him, Iyanna and Randall were fighting together.

Three Hunters were closing in on them, their sharp swords gleaming in the afternoon sun.

Randall let out a sharp warning cry before attacking one of the Hunters. The man avoided his claws but he managed to give the Hunter a kick in the groin.

Meanwhile, Iyanna was fighting off two Hunters at once, I was about to jump in when I felt something behind me.

I turned and was just in time to protect my body from an incoming attack.

I winced as I felt a sharp stinging pain in my arm, I have successfully parried the attack and protected my chest but I got my arm wounded instead.

I growled at my opponent, he chuckled manically in response.

There was something in his eyes, a crazy gleam that made me wary of him.

He charged again, I moved out of his way but he had predicted my actions and quickly pivoted towards me, swinging his sword towards my neck, I stepped back and crouched before tackling him to the ground, he fell but he was still clutching the sword.I stepped on his hand, focusing all my strength on my foot, I heard his bones crushing, his eyes widened with rage and pain, he moved his free hand towards his belt, I caught his movement and punched him hard on the face.Blood sprouted from his broken nose, I heard him cussed incomprehensively.

That very moment, I heard the rustle of the bushes from behind me, I turned and saw that most of the pack were already there, holding different kinds of weapons.Someone jumped on me, I rolled away, it was a Hunter but before I could stand up, another one sprinted towards me, holding his sword over his head, luckily, an arrow from the pack caught him on the chest.

I heard Fox let out a battle cry before they charged towards our enemies.

Arrows rained from both sides, I kept myself down, dodging all the arrows while keeping my ears alert for anyone who might sneak up on me.

But the Hunters were already backing down, they were already outnumbered, but I knew they will come back and there will be more of them and they’ll be bringing the strongest ones.

I’m pretty sure that after this fight, Oma would order us to pack up and move to another place across the country.

But… I can’t do that.

I can’t move away, not with my sister so close to me.

I’ll make her remember me.

I know she would, eventually. Our bond is strong and nothing, not even Hunters will ever break it.

As soon as we were tended, the pack Elders started on packing things as fast as they can, and since we moved a lot, we don’t have that much possession, I don’t know where we’re heading to, everything happened so fast that I’m pretty sure nobody had been able to contact one of the few Guardians left, maybe we might even move out of this country.

I’m currently packing our things with Randall helping me, we made quiet a pair, him limping because of the stab wound on his leg and me unable to move my left arm.