Chapter 8

I pushed Alex hard into the ground and put my hand firmly on his back.

“Stay down.” I whispered to him.

Iyanna crouched beside me, clutching my arm tightly.

“What the hell are we doing?” Alex asked in a whisper.

“Hunters. They must have heard our voices.” I answered.

“Hunters? Why were you following the Hunters? Have you completely gone mad?”

I looked at him in impatience.

Does he think that I’m a complete fool that I would follow the Hunters without any reasons?

“They’re with Scianna, I’ve seen her with them. They’re on the move, maybe they’re going back to their headquarters, I don’t know. All I know is that I need to get my sister back before they could do anything to her that might endanger not only her but the whole Pack as well.”

He was quiet for a while. Finally, he sighed.

“I’m sorry for being too harsh on you, but you can’t just leave Randall to lead the Pack, he’s only a kid.”

Before I could answer, Iyanna hushed us, the hooves had now stopped right on the spot where we were arguing a while ago.

The three of us peered between the trees, we’re on a much a lower ground and we need to be on a half-crouch before we were able to see the horses, they had come back.

The Hunters were surveying the woods warily, had we been standing, they might have been able to see the top of our heads.

“Are you sure you heard something, Linus?” The Elder Hunter asked the green-haired boy.

“I’m pretty sure, I’ve heard people here, I can’t understand what they were arguing about but it worries me, they might be those shape-shifters so I alerted you about it.” The green-haired boy answered.

“I heard something too. Their voices seem familiar.” Scianna’s familiar voice brought pain to my heart.

Of course, she would be able to discern our voices, her hearing was far sharper than those of the Hunters.

I looked at Alex, he’s wearing a strange expression on his face.

He was looking at my sister with longing and sadness.

“Do you think they mean to harm us, Sandra?” The Elder Hunter asked her.

Scianna shook her head.

“No. I don’t think so. I don’t sense danger.”