Trouble in the Castle

The girls can be quite a challenge in the castle at times. Even after Anna learned about Elsa, there continued to be some friction between the two. Elsa is someone who often prefers to spend time alone, I think that is how she deals with what is troubling her, but Anna doesn't understand that. It is not her fault either, most people find comfort in others when dealing with issues. I tell Iduna everything and she is always there to listen. But Elsa gets overwhelmed and tired from the consistent social life that we live here in Arendelle. Elsa bottles up her emotions and how she is feeling for as long as possible before it explodes.

Luckily, Anna has not witnessed these explosions to their fullest. I have, and have paid dearly for it. During one of the first explosions, I was very close to her and she shot out ice which went all over the room. Anyhow, whilst in a panic, I was hit in the chest and fell to the floor feeling very cold and stunned in a way. I could barely breathe, luckily Iduna was not far from my side and she rushed over after the incident. Having Gerda and Kai help Elsa calm down in another room. Gerda and Kai often had more success at calming her down than Iduna and I. After Elsa was removed, Iduna held me in her arms until a carriage could be put together, we went to the trolls and Grand Pabbie was able to heal me. Well sort of, he was able to keep my heart pumping but the snowflake shape scar on my chest remains along with cold chest pains. No one ever told Elsa about what had occurred, it was better for her mentally. The last thing she needed was a reason to feel more guilt.

I have tried to speak to Anna about Elsa, but you can always tell when she is fustrated or upset. Her cheeks turn bright red and she paces in whatever room she is in at the time. Back and forth for hours on end until she becomes too tired to think and eventually falls asleep on whatever soft furniture piece in the room. It can be quite a challenge to get someone who is pacing to pay attention to you. Iduna is able to handle Anna better, usually Anna just curls up in her mothers arms and tells her everything. I believe that I have better success with Elsa, since we are both more reserved. I usually find her sitting on the floor in one particular spot against the wall, hugging her legs. I'll sit down on the floor, resting against her bed and give her as much time as she needs. This can happen up to two times a week. It is exhausting, but worth it. Iduna and I separated them, thinking it was for the best. But we know now that it was a horrible idea and are doing our best to make up for it. I hope that one day; they will be able to spend the whole day together and not have any anxiety or fear. But we have a long road ahead of us until that can happen. If you do not try, then you will never win.