My Daughter, Anna

During the time that the girls were separated, I became obsessed with my duties as king. I was not able to cope with the fact that even after many years, Elsa still had no control over her powers and that Anna was still at risk. In fact, the isolation had made Elsa worse then she was before we separated them. It was a nightmare that I had created, this was not Iduna's plan. Her's would have been much more thought out. I had failed my daughters and my wife, but I did not want my kingdom to consider me a failure as well. So I went to every meeting that was planned and became involved in anything and everything. It helped me keep from thinking about what I had done to my family.

I rarely spent time with Iduna, our love had become void of emotion. This was my fault as well, Iduna would ask me to come and eat with her or just take a walk, but I was usually too busy with some kingly duty. As the girls aged, they both noticed my absence. Elsa became distant, wanting little or nothing to do with me. I am sure that she felt abandoned by her once very caring father. Anna, on the other hand wanted to be with me more than ever as she got older. She was often the only one who could make me laugh or smile. Sometimes, she would burst into my office with cookies and insist that we both eat every single cookie. Which we did, they helped build conversations between the two of us. Something we would not have had if she had not made the intense effort to bring me out of my work obsessed mind.

She was well aware of how I thought about our family situation, but she never put the blame on me. Rightly or wrongly so, it did make me feel better. Our bond was and still is strong because she wanted me to be apart of her life, even though I felt that I was only making her life more and more difficult. She still calls me papa and hugs me like she used to when she was little. Her inner strength inspired me to rekindle my relationship with Iduna. This led to us opening up the castle and having both girls meet once more. I do not think that it would have occurred if Anna had not done what she did and for that, I owe her everything. Often, she is overshadowed by Elsa. Having a sister with magical powers certainly makes you less interesting. But Anna's magic comes from her heart, her love is her super power and everyone should know that. Afterall, her power saved the family and the kingdom. We walk around with smiles on our faces and love in our hearts because of her. That is something that I can never repay her for.