Anna, the Girl Who Couldn't Sleep

As a child, Anna had the hardest time going to sleep. I am not really sure why, it never seemed to be an issue for Elsa. Anyhow, up till about age nine she struggled to sleep through the night. At the time, I wanted the energy she had since I often got up in the middle of the night to check on Elsa and make sure that she wasn't having a nightmare. But after checking on Elsa, I would usually wander about the castle and look for Anna so that I could bring her back to bed.

She was typically in the kitchen, trying to find a sweet that the chef hadn't served during that nights dinner. More often than not, she would find something and eat it before falling asleep at the table. Though there were times when I found her in the hallway, library, and dining room but the kitchen was her favorite. I would go and pick her up and make sure that she got back to her bed. Even as an adult, I'll still find her in the kitchen asleep only this time Elsa is with her. As much as I wish that I could carry them back to their beds, they weigh way more than my old body can carry. So I just tap their shoulders and send them off to bed. Though recently, Anna accidently tripped on the stairs which caused her nose to bleed profusely. Elsa freaked out and icicles appeared all over the castle.

So I spent the rest of that night cleaning Anna up and calming Elsa down. I had forgotten how insecure Elsa still was even with Anna. So I made sure that I was there to comfort her as she began adjusting to her new life in the castle. No more locked doors and windows, she could go wherever she wanted. But she was still figuring things out so I do not blame her for losing control, it happens to the best of us. It ended up being an alright night, we all eventually fell asleep on Anna's bed and slept very soundly until late in the morning. At some point in time, she will stay in her bed for the full night. But until then, I'll be there to make sure that she and Elsa don't get hurt and go back to bed.