The past doesnt define you

3rd person

10 years later

Meredith and Derek were now married, with 2 kids, 1 on the way. And by on the way, I mean literally on the way. Mereditj sat on the exam table in labor. Derek was right by her side, holding her hand, and feeding her ice chips.

"You got this Mer." Derek encouraged. "One more hard push." The doctor said. Meredith groaned and pushed as hard as she could. "Ahhhh." She screamed.

Then her and dereks world stopped when they heard their 3rd babies wails. The nurse wrapped her in a towel and handed the baby over to her mother. Meredith cradled the baby in her arms, Derek looking down at them in awe.

"Do we have a name?" The OB asked. "Meredith." Derek said. "What?" She asked in confusion. "Meredith." He repeated. "What?" She asked again. "I think we should name the baby Meredith." Derek elaborated, looming ag Merediths skeptical expression.

"You wanted the baby to have a strong name, right? Well you are the strongest woman I know." Derek said genuinely. "You think so?" Meredith asked. "I do." He said softly. "Maybe as a middle name?" Meredith asked. "Middle Named after a strong woman." He said. "Ellis Meredith Shepherd." Meredith declared as she looked down at her newborn baby girl.

"Ellie." Derek said as he rubbed the tiny babies belly. "I'm so proud of you." He whispered to Meredith as he kissed the side of her forehead. "I love you so much." Meredith said as she watched her baby girl giggle. "He's funny, isn't he?" Meredith cooed.

"She looks just like you." Derek said as he grabbed her hand.

(Meredith POV)

Now, remember all those years ago were I was just some insecure, terrified woman? Yeah, me too. Now, as I sit here with my husband and my 3 kids, I truly know where I belong.

And remember, your past does not define you. It makes you who you are.

I know this is a short chapter, but I wanted it to be kind of bittersweet. Anyways, thank you all so much for reading this story. This story was very sad but also very rewarding to write. Words can't describe how appreciative I am for the reviews and comments. I genuinely hope you all are staying safe and doing well. Thank you for all the love and support. Check out my other stories if you want too! ❤️❤️