Furlan/Farlan Church

The Underground was a dull place, cold too. It was right under Mitras. Many underground cities were founded originally as evacuation shelters for citizens living within the Walls; one was located in Stohess District, but over time that fell into ruin and transformed into a pleasure district. However, our underground wasn't a pleasure district...sure there were people in that line of work, but we pretty much had any criminal activity down here, not just that. We housed murderers, kidnappers, prostitutes, hired killers, et cetera.

I was walking with this girl, a little younger than I was, through the Underground. I knew she could probably take care of herself, having grown up here, but I didn't trust this place, not the tiniest bit, so I stayed with her, walking with her to her destination. We had stricken up this gleeful conversation, her arm linking with mine as we passed some darker alleyways.

"Who are we looking for again?" I asked, rounding a corner and climbing some concrete steps with the younger girl. Her smile grew as we reached the top, just before she could answer my question. I looked from her joyful figure to where she was looking. There were two teenager boys, I'd say nearing the end of their teenage years, especially the taller of the two. Isabel gave me a quick hug and 'thank you' before hurrying over to the two. The boy with dark blond hair stared at me curiously, although his hair was bordering a sandy blond somehow. My eyes met his, his arms resting on his knees as he and his friend sat on the steps leading up to a building. His eyes seemed to refuse to leave mine, until this gentle, satisfied smile crossed his lips and he looked forwards, leaning his head on his folded arms. I must admit...he was really cute. And that's when I noticed the bruising on his cheek. I bit my lip, tempted to approach them as I saw Isabel and the black haired boy interact. He offered her a small smile as she beamed, rambling on. I hesitantly went up to them, the dark haired boy sending me a dirty look as I crouched in front of his male friend, Isabel looking at me curiously. This boys eyes met mine, his eyes searching mine for a reason as to why I was in front of him.

"Why were you staring at me?" Something we learn in the underground is that the more vulnerable you were, the easier target you were, so you needed to learn to stand up for yourself and speak for yourself. The boy in front of me just smirked.

"You're cute." He stated, rather forward...interesting, didn't expect that. I smirked, scoffing with a laugh under my breath.

"Thanks...you're not too bad yourself..." He chuckled as I sat on the floor in front of him, staring up at him. My eyes searched his face with a gentle smile. "Why do you have so many bruises?" His smile never faltered, dropping onto the next step down so I wouldn't be straining my neck so much.

"We live in the Underground, why do you think?" I laughed quietly, making his smile grow a little more, resting his chin on his folded arms, resting them on his knees. "What about you?" He nodded to my bruises arms and shins.

"I teach the younger kids defence, they go all out." He nodded, his eyes never leaving my own.

"Hm, you seem too pretty to be doing something so violent."

"Oh? But you can go about being a notorious thug looking as cute as you do?" He didn't chuckle this time, he laughed, and it was such a wonderful sound in this dim hole we called home.

"So you know who I am?" I smiled, leaning my hands on my crossed shins as I shrugged.

"I've seen you around a few times..." He nodded, biting his lip a little bit.

"And?" He teased, smirking and leaning a little closer to me. I pushed myself up, leaning my hands on my shins as my face remained mere inches from his. I smirked.

"You're lean, fairly well built...skilful." I forced my eyes to stare deeply into his as I said 'skilful'. A very small mount of blood rushed to his cheeks, making him blush ever so slightly. "What do you think of me? You've seen me before, I've seen you looking at me." He looked me up and down, lightly biting down on his tongue with a smirk, poking the inside of his cheek with the muscle.