Finale - Godt's ending

"This is weird."

"No, it's not. I think you look cute."

Bright made a noise of discomfort as he swayed his dress back and forth, head feeling scratchy from the blonde wig that Godt kept on insisting he should wear. "I'm the guy here. Why aren't I the one with the prince costume?"

"Because your niece insisted you wear like this. Relax, Bright. You look great." His face broke out into a grin when he saw his boyfriend's pout deepen.

"I look like a girl."

"That's exactly the point, love."

Bright sighed. Stupid brother and this stupid theme on his niece's birthday. Why of all theme to celebrate her 7th birthday does it have to be a freaking medieval one? Bright continued to grumble out his distaste with the make-up and the dress when suddenly, he felt Godt pull him close until he could felt his chest on his back. The action made his heart skip a beat.

8 years ago, Bright remembered marching towards the gym with chin held high and a heart-thumping rapidly in his chest. He wanted it to stop so that he could breathe properly but it only got worse when he saw Godt furiously shooting hoops to distract himself. The sight was truly breathtaking – Godt in his focused state was truly breathtaking.

It only took a surprised Godt and three words from Bright to scoop his boyfriend in his arms and kissed him. The second time they did, Bright was the one who leaned in and initiated it.

"You look so beautiful right now that I am resisting the urge to devour you and just skip my godchild's birthday." Godt purred effectively sending Bright in his flustered state. Then he chuckled.

"You should endure it and get used to that. You never know we might get a child in the future."

"I'll be a good dad then." Bright grinned.

"A great one." Godt leaned down to kiss him on his cheek. "Come. Let's go or we might be late." Godt reached a handout, that silver ring wrapped around his ring finger that got Bright felt giddy and happy inside.

One month to go before they hear the church bells ring.