Chapter 7

Let's go out this Saturday. I'll tell you the details later. – Kimmon

Bright stared at that message for almost five minutes. The message was more like a statement, so he just agreed to go out with Kimmon. He cannot believe that Ice Prince asked him out like a date.

By the time Saturday came around, Bright was a nervous wreck. He dressed in a pair of black jeans and a grey button-up top with his black sneakers pair. They decided to meet up in a park near Bright's house at 11 a.m. When Bright found Kimmon waiting for him, sitting on the fountain's edge in the middle of the park. Bright didn't really expect this to come out, especially if the person is Kimmon Warodom Khemmonta. He felt like he was in a dream that he was hard to believe and may not happen in reality. But it was happening now.

Kimmon looked up at him once he got there, breathless from running because oh god, he was so goddamn late

Kimmon looked up at him once he got there, breathless from running because oh god, he was so goddamn late. And once again, he was taken back because Kimmon was smiling at him. 'Ice Prince was freaking smiling at him. Unbelievable.'  Bright thought.

"I-I'm sorry for..."

"Nah, it's okay." Kimmon stood up. "I'm just relieved that you came. I thought you will stand me up."

Bright's eyes went wide upon hearing that. "No! I would never -" He was cut off by the feeling of someone's fingers locking on his. Poor Bright could only gape at the sudden feeling and just gawk at the sight of this guy smiling beside him.

"I know. Now, come. Let's go and have some fun, okay?"

They walked out of the park and went to Kimmon's car. "Is it alright with you if I choose where we eat this time?" Kimmon asked Bright after he climbed in the driver's side.

"Of course." Bright replied with a small smile. They drove in silence until they arrived at the restaurant. After fifteen minutes, Kimmon parked his car in front of a quiet traditional Thai restaurant. Bright was delighted with the choices, as traditional food was his favourite.

They went out of the car and walked into the restaurant. Once they were seated, they talked about what they would order. Bright decided to go for the Khao Klukh Krapi, and Kimmon decided to order the stir-fried beef with rice. Kimmon called the waiter to place their order.

"So, tell me about yourself," Kimmon asked Bright.

"Well, there is not much to know. I'm the youngest, and I have an older brother who studied at different university in Bangkok. My favorite color is black. I love to listen to music and reading a book. That's all, I think. How about you?" Bright replied.

"Well, I'm the only a child in my family. My favourite color is red. I enjoy reading and watching movies. You already know who my parent and what they did for a living."

The food that they ordered has arrived, and they continued to talk about everything. To some extent, the awkward silence turned into a pleasant atmosphere. This can strengthen their relationship, which was previously awkward and spent time together since they were dating.

After they had their lunch, they went to the mall to watch a movie. "So, what do you want to watch? I want to see Gemini Man. I heard that this movie had a good review, and I like this action and thriller genre." Kimmon asked Bright when they arrived in front of the movie advertising board.

"I want to watch that." Bright pointed at a poster on the wall.

"Really now... Let's play rock paper scissors to decide. Rock paper scissors, shoot!" Kimmon said.

"Yes, I won! So, we will watch Friend Zone. I heard that this movie is good too, and I like the romantic comedy genre." Bright said with a smile.

Kimmon looked at Bright, so happy then he agreed with Bright's decision to watch his chosen movie.

"I will go to buy our movie tickets. You wait here, okay?" Kimmon said. Bright looked at Kimmon, who went towards the ticket booth to buy their movie tickets. 'He looks very different today from the usual character that he always saw on campus. He looks very handsome, less ice prince character. He smiles more and chats with him, where this is very rare.' Bright thought while looked at Kimmon.

After a while, Kimmon walked towards Bright while held two movie tickets. "Let's go in. the movie about to start in 10 minutes." Kimmon took Bright's hand and walked towards the cinema entrance and walked to their specific hall. Bright was shocked because he did not expect that Ice Prince would hold his hand in public. While the movie was still going on, Kimmon did not let go of Bright's hand even for a moment.

After the movie was ended, they walked out of the cinema. And then, Bright asked with puppy eyes, "Could we go to an arcade? I haven't been to that place for a long time. Please."

Kimmon looked at Bright for a moment. "Okay. Let's go and have fun." He said, extending his hand to Bright.

Bright beamed and quickly took his hand and ran into the arcade across from the cinema dragging Kimmon along. Bright immediately stopped with Kimmon, almost crashing into him. 'I'm in gaming heaven! All from the NES to the PS4 was available for me to play.'  Bright thought with a big smile appeared on his face.

"Which should we go for first?" Kimmon asked.

"I... I..." Bright cannot choose which one game he wants to play first. Too many choices.

Kimmon saw that Bright was struggling. He looked around and spotted an easy one. "Hmm. How about Super Mario World?" he asked.

"Perfect!!" Bright said and once again, grabbing Kimmon's hand, dragging him to the game machine.

After they played two more rounds, Bright said to Kimmon to play a fighting game next, and Kimmon agreed. After that, they played a few more games such as the basketball game, Pac-man, shooting game, and others. Bright was satisfied to be able to play in the arcade. Then, they walked out of the arcade.

"Now, I think its best if I took you home," Kimmon said, walking with Bright hand in hand.

"Um... Did you enjoy yourself?" Bright asked. Kimmon looked at Bright curiously.

"I should be asking that."

"I had a blast, of course, but I wanted you to have fun too," Bright said with a smile.

Kimmon leaned in to kiss Bright's cheek, and Bright blushed with his action.

"I enjoyed every moment with you," Kimmon said with a smile. Then, they stared at each other regardless of their surroundings. 'To be with someone powerful like him need more courage and trust. The attraction is common. What's rare is having someone who wants to grow and build with you.' Bright thought in his mind.