Chapter 1

(This takes place before season 1 even started, think of it like a flashback, when this part is done I'm planning on starting it from season 2 episode 22. Right now Elena is around 14, Elena will be 15 when she meets Ester. I hope you enjoy this story!)

I do not own the vampire diaries in any way shape or form.

Ester POV

How is it possible? This vision can't be true. It just doesn't make sense, how can someone so pure be the soulmate of someone who is so demonic and broken.

"Ester I assure you the vision is very much true, this girl, the doppelganger is Niklaus's soulmate." Ayana says.

"Ayana even if it is so... why should it matter, this does not change anything." Ayana sighs.

"Can't you see, Ester, this is the answer to all your prayers."

"What are you talking about Ayana?"

"This girl could be the one thing that redeems your whole family."

"Even if this is true the girl will end up dead at Niklaus's hand because she's the doppelganger, the key to unlock Niklaus's werewolf side that i've tried so hard to get rid of." Ester pauses before continuing.

"Niklaus will result in anything to break that curse, even if it means killing his soulmate. She will most likely die before she can even attempt to help my family." Ester concludes.

"Unless you can do something about it, think about this Ester, If you make this girl immortal like your family"

"Out of the question Ayana I will not condemn anyone to this curse that I have put on my family."

"Ester this will be different, I believe that this girl will bring peace to the world."

"What you speak of is dangerous Ayana, what if she becomes just like my children."

"I believe that is a risk you should take, Ester." Ester sighs.

"I assume you're right, but the girl is still a child, we should wait until she is older."

"Nonsense Ester, we can perform a spell to ensure that it will be untriggered until she dies at the ritual."

"Ayana are you saying you wish for niklaus to trigger his werewolf side?!?"

"Yes, Ester, as you said he won't stop until he triggers his werewolf side."

"Are you crazy Ayana? Niklaus will wreak havoc on the world if we allow this to happen."

"Then we shall have the girl keep him in check." Ayana states.

"That can't be possible, he will be stronger than her."

"Then we will make them equals Ester."

"That is not possible Ayana, Even if we make her like my children, she will never be stronger than niklaus."

"Then we can make her a hybrid Ester, just like niklaus."

"That is impossible, she is not a descendant from a werewolf bloodline nor is she a descendant of a witch bloodline, sure she is a descendant of the travelers but they are not powerful and she will not be as powerful as niklaus."

"Ester, I'm sure if we look hard enough there will be a spell for that if we look for it."

Ester stops and thinks about what Ayana has just said.

"Ayana, you said 'we' does that mean you are helping me?" Ester asked shocked.

"Yes Ester I am going to help you because I believe this is what is best."

They both started searching for a spell that will make Elena a hybrid.

And sure enough they found it, after spending a year looking for it.

"Ayana, how will we perform this spell? It requires the witch to be there in person, it requires my blood."

"Ester, are you forgetting that we have your body spelled shut in a coffin, all I have to do is get intouch with my descendants and get them to find the coffin and open it."

With that Ayana walked away to find a way to get the message to her descendants.

Authors note:

Hey guys, this is my first fan fiction. Can you let me know what you guys think about it. I plan on writing this until it is finished, I'm not sure where this will be going but there will be more couples in this, not just Klaus and Elena, what couples do you want to see???