Chapter 13

Old Norse to English
Nei - No
Hon veitumk risks, þú báð gerði - She knew risks, you both did
At kind er devil, takþatr, eðkillr þat.  Ek gereigir viljþatr - That baby is the devil, take it, or kill it. I do not want it.

3rd person POV

A loud cry was heard throughout the area.

"Nei." A man breathed, tears streaming down his face.

The man was holding his dead wife's hand as if his life depended on it. A dark-skinned woman brought the newborn baby up to the man. After seeing that he was not going to look at the baby, she decided to speak up.

"Hon veitumk risks, þú báð gerði."

He flinched and brought his eyes down. He looked at the baby with such hatred and disgust.

"At kind er devil, takþatr, eðkillr þat.  Ek gereigir viljþatr." he announced, looking away from the child once again.

The baby was crying and reaching out to its father, the dark-skinned woman was disgusted by the man's words and decided to raise the baby far far away from there.

Nasir woke up, his body surrounded by sweat. He remembered learning about this moment, he had always tried to imagine what it was like, this dream seemed to be an accurate representation of the moment. It astounded him how right the man actually was.

There was a knock on the door, and Elena's old hybrid came in.

"The message has been delivered." The hybrid announced.

"Good." Nasir responded, looking at the hybrid seeing that it was still there.

"What?" Nasir asked.

"We are helping the queen right? It just... It feels like we're betraying her." The hybrid said, chewing on their lip.

"Trust me, we are helping her. I would never do anything that she wouldn't want me to do." Nasir assured the hybrid.

The hybrid nodded and walked out of the room.

Nasir sighed, he needed Helen back by his side, for good this time. He had gone searching for her after he killed her again, but those bastards stole her from him again. If this plan goes wrong, then he'll just have to let her come to him on her own time.

Elena opened her eyes slowly, tears filled her eyes, she felt as if she was missing something. Klaus raised Elena's head, unsure of why the girl was crying. Elena's eyes searched him rapidly, she moved closer to him and pulled him into a hug. After a few minutes passed, she stopped crying and started tracing symbols on Klaus's back with her hand. Klaus immediately recognized these symbols, he wondered how she knew how to write in old Norse, or if she even knew that she was doing it. He was silently making sense of the symbols Elena made. She kept tracing the same patterns, it meant black wolf. Klaus wasn't sure if it was something random, it had to be... Elena never saw Klaus in his wolf form, she couldn't possibly know that he was a black wolf, could she? Rebekah walked into the room, she paused for a moment, not knowing how or why Elena was in Klaus's bed. Elena dropped her hand and looked at Rebekah.

"Am I interrupting?" Rebekah asked, trying not to smile.

"Rebekah, did Loki teach Elena Runic?" Klaus asked.