Chapter 17

"You do not seem surprised." She spoke, shattering the silence that had built up inside the room.

"What other purpose would you possibly have for being here, Helen?"

A smirk grew on Helen's face.

"You know." She paused before continuing.

"What gave it away?"

"Your eyes lack the authenticity, kindness, and compassion that Elena's eyes hold."

Helen nods.

"Do you wish to kill Nasir, for what he has done to Elena?"

"Yes."

"She wouldn't want you to do it."

"I know."

"But you would still do it, why?"

"I love her."

Helen gave him a genuine smile.

"I know it must've taken a lot for you to tell me that."

Helen paused for a moment and looked at him with a serious expression.

"I am here to correct my mistakes, they have been an inconvenience to both you and Elena, I apologize for that. Allow me to deal with Nasir, Loki, Leif, and Colby."

"Where exactly is Elena?"

"Elena is currently regaining her memories. When I die she will be back, which is why I will warn you that she is still a version of me. She has a dark side that no one has seen yet, when it comes out I want you to do something for me."

Helen leaned in closer to Klaus and whispered instructions into his ear.

Klaus looked at her for a moment before nodding.

"Do you mind taking Loki and Colby with us?"

"What about me?" Leif asked, revealing himself.

"Leif." Helen breathed, a smile forming on her lips.

Helen ran into Leif's arms.

"It was not your fault that I died, nothing would have changed the fact that I was supposed to die that day." Helen said with tears in her eyes.

"You're leaving us again." Leif stated.

Helen nodded.

"I have to, it is the only right thing to do. Protect Elena for me?" Helen asked.

"I will not let any harm come to her." Leif promised.

"This is goodbye, brother." Helen said, placing a chaste kiss on Leif's cheek.

"I will miss you, little sister." Leif said, trying to refrain from crying.

Helen turned to Klaus who was carrying Colby and Loki.

"Ready to go?" Helen asked, walking out the door.