Chapter 9

I do not own the vampire diaries in any way shape or form.

No one's POV

It had been 5 months since Elena left mystic falls, surprisingly no one had gone to look for her except Klaus. He had stopped after the first few weeks he couldn't find her. She deeply appreciated the fact that he did stop... hiding from him was incredibly difficult, every time she would turn she would spot Elijah, Kol, or some random vampires working for Klaus.

During the first month, after a week of hearing or seeing no sign that Klaus was still looking for her, she had gone to a bar to drown her sorrows and mourn the deaths of all of her loved ones, she was finally ready to let go. After a few drinks, he had approached her.

"Why so sad?" he had said to her.

Elena looked at him with a blank face.

"That's none of your business."

She seriously did not want to be bothered.

"You know, that wasn't very nice." He said, making a sad expression.

"Seriously... what do you want?" Elena asked, a bit annoyed.

He sighed and sat next to her.

"You remind me of someone... her name was Helen." He said, actually looking sad.

"Was?" Elena asked, she was a bit intrigued, and besides, she couldn't deny the fact that he was very good-looking. 

"She died, it was my fault." He said looking down.

"Oh." was all Elena could muster up.

After a moment of silence, Elena spoke up.

"What happened?"

He looked up at her and laughed a little.

"I don't like talking about it much, what about you? Something is clearly wrong if a pretty girl like you ends up in a broken-down bar like this."

After he looked up he realized Elena wasn't going to respond, her facial expression didn't change during the whole conversation, it was still indifferent.

He put his hand on her leg and she shot him a look telling him to stop. When he kept his hand on her leg she tried to physically move it, he was stronger than her... his power matched, maybe even rivaled Klaus's.

"You're going by Elena now, right? You know, I've been watching you for a while. Sad story. Your adoptive parents died, while you miraculously survived, your adoptive dad had a chance to save himself or his wife but he chose you. Remind me to thank the blond-haired boyfriend of yours." He said chuckling before continuing.

"Your aunt... Jenna, I think, died in the sacrifice because of you. Your real mom died because she got involved with Klaus and Katherine. Here's the kicker... Not too long ago you killed your birth father... tore him into little pieces... gruesome really." He said laughing hysterically.

"You know, I think this is karma for everything you put me through. I think we're even now... don't you sweetheart?"

Elena had no clue what this guy was going on about, she had tried multiple times to remove his hand, or get up, but she had failed miserably. He swept some of Elena's hair out of her face. Elena was getting frustrated, she wanted to leave but he was too strong.